Talk

Advanced search

not THAT much of a larger family, but 3 dcs 2 adults shopping for food. How to buy?

(8 Posts)
SlartyBartFast Wed 15-Jul-09 22:28:05

it is so annoying that all food stuffs, meat, fish only seems to cater for a family of 4.
How to solve that problem?

AppleandMosesMummy Thu 16-Jul-09 12:32:48

Pad it out with beans and veg basically, everyone eats too much meat anyway, we only need a tiny portion each day.

juuule Thu 16-Jul-09 14:45:18

Buy double?

Use less as AaMM says?
You don't need lots of meat.

Jaquelinehyde Thu 16-Jul-09 14:59:28

We just make it stretch if cooking from scratch I don't notice the difference at all.

If your talking ready made foods like packs of pies and fish. Then I cant help as we rarely have them. If we do I dip out and share one with the youngest.

SlartyBartFast Thu 16-Jul-09 20:21:45

thanks.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 16-Jul-09 20:25:07

We are 2 adults, 3 kids too.

I find that 2 of the kids will eat one piece of meat and sometimes it will do all three if it is a big piece. They kids don't eat a lot of meat unless it is roast chicken so I don't need to buy a lot.

I also do lots of veg and potatoes to go with it.

Lilyloo Thu 16-Jul-09 20:26:54

Same here i don't do the pre packed pies etc
but with fresh meat dd1 and 2 usually share a piece or we bulk it out with veg and potatoes

SlartyBartFast Thu 16-Jul-09 20:28:43

mainly pork chops <<which i like>>
i used to share with youngest, but come unstuck with fish,.... and pies - can't really eat those any more, or give myself or youngest smallest portion,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now