Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need to change our car to a large MPV 7 seater - anyone help with suggestions of reliable, cheaper versions of a sharan / grand voyager?

(16 Posts)
josben Mon 08-Jun-09 19:09:09

TIA smile

KathyBrown Mon 08-Jun-09 20:19:36

We have a very old ford galaxy as of yesterday and am very pleased so far.

wuglet Mon 08-Jun-09 20:20:17

Kia Sedona?

josben Tue 09-Jun-09 10:59:47

I like the look of the Galaxys - but we could only afford an older one - 10 years or so and I'm always a bit wary of the ones with high mileage... But i'll keep looking- will also check out the kia sedonas - Ta

Blondie79 Tue 09-Jun-09 11:11:10

Citroen C8 - I love ours.

rosyleecupoftea Wed 10-Jun-09 21:04:39

We have a Seat Alhambra which is very good and you get more extras for less money (eg air con, CD player etc)

blushingm Thu 11-Jun-09 20:42:12

toyota lucia/estima or a previa - very reliable according to dh - he's a mechannic

Loopymumsy Fri 12-Jun-09 22:03:13

Message withdrawn

catnipkitty Tue 16-Jun-09 12:35:16

We have a Kia Sedona - the electric sliding doors are fab! def worth a look

procrastinatingparent Tue 16-Jun-09 12:37:04

We love our previa - it's very large and has been completely reliable. We're hoping to drive it into the ground just after the kids leave home!

mulranno Tue 16-Jun-09 19:50:34

Important to consider if you need a boot for push chair as well as 7 seats...we have a hyundai trajet...prob same as kia...been great so far...half the price of VW etc

mummyhill Tue 16-Jun-09 19:53:53

We have the renault grand scenic. Have had it for about a year now with no major problems.

If you need to have all 7 seats in use constantly you won't get much in the way of boot space though.

We need to use 5 seats for normal day to day running round and pop the back seats up when we have to take the in laws out with us.

OrmIrian Tue 16-Jun-09 19:57:05

We have a Ford Galaxy. And I love it. Sadly atm it is flashing weird lights at me - which according to the MN online mechanic advisory service (TheFools mate or DP grin) is because my heating plugs are wearing out. But apaaaaart from that tis a lovely beast.

LargeGlassofRed Tue 16-Jun-09 19:58:21

I have a toyota haice reguis, I love it 8 seats and a massive boot. Its a dream to drive.

alysonpeaches Thu 18-Jun-09 21:44:08

We have an older Sharan, its great. I love the flexibility of the seats. We have only had it a few months, its my car, DH has a picasso but thats no longer big enough now we have 4.

The way we use it at the moment is with the passenger side seat in the middle row removed. That way I can get in and fasten all four kids in in relative comfort and stow baggage without messing with the boot. If we have a visitor, I just put the other seat back in. They are really easy to take in and out once you have the knack.

I just hope it keeps going as its old, but in very good nick for its age.

alysonpeaches Thu 18-Jun-09 21:46:30

Just wanted to add, that if an older car is well looked after and has a good fairly complete service record for you to browse, and mileage is less than average, it can be a good buy. Just make sure the cam belt is replaced, keep it regularly serviced etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now