Talk

Advanced search

how annoying is it that people expect to not give a hoot about your kids once you get past 2.4

(9 Posts)
narkymum Wed 10-Sep-08 13:39:35

It really annoys me that because I have ten people either assume my kids run the estate (so to speak) or are shocked that they are quite well behaved, can use a knife and fork and that I am still very over protective.

Pria Wed 10-Sep-08 18:11:33

Yes people falling over themselves on announcement of forthcoming child 1 very happy for you on two, and asking "is your telly broken " by three.

Imnotok Wed 10-Sep-08 18:18:00

Do you know what winds me up is when the teacher calls you in or there is a parents evening ,Do you know how they sometimes ask if you can do a bit of extra work with them at home and then they say "although I do appreciate how hard it is with all the others"
FFS I am quite capable of reading and doing homework with more than one child .

It is not hard .

struwellpeter Wed 10-Sep-08 23:30:24

Very glad you can do reading and homework with more than one child. I find it really difficult. It's hard to give real undivided attention in the hurly burly of this house, so it's very precious when it happens. But that doesn't mean that the homework doesn't get done...mine have to sort most of it themselves, which doesn't mean I don't love them.

bigcar Thu 11-Sep-08 12:14:26

Yes, because of course you had your children to get all the extra child benefit grin

Having more than 2 children doesn't automatically mean they are going to all be uneducated yobs with no idea of decent behaviour. Winds me up something rotten and I only have 4.

bamboostalks Thu 11-Sep-08 12:20:40

ImnotokI imagine the teacher was being kind and considerate towards your personal circumstances. Little thanks they get for it. hmm

chipmonkey Thu 11-Sep-08 13:48:44

Imnotok, I actually find homework quite overwhelming with ds1 and ds2 as ds1 has ADD and ds2 has dyspraxia, ds3 has toddler-ness and ds4 has baby-ness! I would appreciate the teacher recognising that!

Imnotok Thu 11-Sep-08 20:55:08

I have had it from every teacher due to my dd1 having dyspraxia and ADD and it going unrecognised for 4 years and her just been classed as a naughty child ,so maybe it is just my own personal chip about the teachers I have come into contact with who have come across as more sarcastic and assuming I couldn't cope because my dd was not responding in their classes and they put it down to me not doing anything with her at home until I had to battle for so long to get her any help and in the end gave up the battle and took her out of school all together.

chipmonkey Fri 12-Sep-08 10:49:07

Tell me about it! Did you get the, "Do jigsaws with them and board games and give them Fish oils" as if to imply that what you actually do is plonk them in front of the telly with a fruit shoot. I was fed up of pointing out that ds1 was reading at the level of an 8 year old at 5 before he started school and he didn't teach himself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now