Talk

Advanced search

Time to come clean...

(50 Posts)
Cadmum Fri 28-Mar-08 22:18:29

How often do you change everyone's bedding?

Do you have extra linen or just one set for each bed?

Do you hang the bedding to dry or use a tumble dryer?

I used to do it every week (or more often if necessary) but when DH became a full time student and we had to pay for laundry (not to mention the queueing) I started to do all of the bedding once every two weeks. I don't think I have managed to change 'everyone's ' every week since.

I do have a spare set for everyone but almost found it easier when I had to wash, dry and replace the only set in one day.

sorkycake Fri 28-Mar-08 22:27:29

Every Monday if I'm being good, once a fortnight if I'm a lazy slattern grin Babies is changed every 3 days, I don't know what he does in there for the sheet to get so dirty hmm

Extra bedding is essential but a pain to store.

I use the line if the weather is good, tumble dryer if not.

I'm not admitting to how often I clean under the beds tho' blush

Pollyanna Fri 28-Mar-08 22:29:49

in theory every Friday, but sometimes we miss a week. I do have a spare set for every bed, but like you often just wash the set that is on and reuse it.

I use the tumble drier.

pedilia Fri 28-Mar-08 22:30:57

I change all bedding weekly, I have several sets for each bed and try to have them ironed and put away the same day.

I am a bit anal about beds and bedding so I reguarly turn mattress and hoover them, except the cot as it is a wipeover mattress

sorkycake Fri 28-Mar-08 22:38:13

Ironed pedilia shock???

You clearly don't have enough children wink

pedilia Fri 28-Mar-08 22:46:20

grin

No just very analgrin

sorkycake Fri 28-Mar-08 23:09:11

monica! grin

<<runs away before pedilia tidies me away>>

Tickle Fri 28-Mar-08 23:21:24

Not even once every 2 weeks blush

Someone else own up to this too please - it can't be just me!

Usually just wash as needed - so the 2 in night nappies obviously get a more frequent freshen up! Lots of non-matching bedding, which sort of rotates around (eg ds1(7) and dd2(3) take turns with the spiderman duvet!)

But ironing? - in a parallel universe maybe grin

Cadmum Sat 29-Mar-08 00:05:15

Thanks tickle!

DH says: You rock! Parallel universe indeed...

Ironing the bedding when there are 7 beds is not going to happen in this house. I only iron the bedding when it is for guests...blush

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Sat 29-Mar-08 00:07:54

lol at this thread

very apt for larger families as for me it is where things really have slipped since more than 3 kids

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Sat 29-Mar-08 00:10:09

i have an ironer so no excuse...

our bed and the babies every week

teenagers ....every 3........?

...4.....?

so metimes i do change them!

4teenmum Sat 29-Mar-08 11:44:59

I'm with the 3-4 weekly crowd I'm afraid, except when the weather is just right for drying bedding. Then I strip the beds and wash sheeps all day just for the pleasure of drying them outside.

More recently DDs (16.5) have started to change their own beds occasionally. Hint to other parents of teens. If they start to change their own bedding unasked they are probably having sex.

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Sat 29-Mar-08 21:12:09

omg mum of teens please no!!

But thanks for taking me out of not so splendid isolation!

Divastrop Sat 29-Mar-08 21:18:05

the lo's get changed twice a week,due to dribbling,leaks etc.the older 3 i would say usually once a week but sometimes it can be 2.i dont have spare sets,only a couple of spare sheets in case of illness.

i dont have a washing line.or an iron.hmm

PotPourri Sat 29-Mar-08 21:20:29

Message withdrawn

pillowcase Sat 29-Mar-08 21:30:43

ahem

I would consider 4 weeks an achievement blush

Tickle Sat 29-Mar-08 22:52:51

yay pillowcase grin Or have you namechanged for this thread? wink

pillowcase Sat 29-Mar-08 23:13:27

strangely enough no! maybe I have a nagging doubt about sleeping on my dead cells for so long, ewww.

Divastrop Sun 30-Mar-08 17:15:00

i forgot to add that i never get round to changing mine+dh's bedding untill i can actually smell it when i walk in the roomblush

Immaculateconception Sun 30-Mar-08 17:30:14

Every 2 weeks, have also got a spare set for each bed. I wash, tumble dry and iron and then put it back in the cupboard.

scanner Sun 30-Mar-08 17:33:05

I'm with pillowcase blush.

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Sun 30-Mar-08 20:47:15

i have a laundry cupboard with spare ironed lovely lovely laundry in it
i have taken to buying flat sheets as they iron up nicely and sit in the cupboard in a dreamy 'victorian household' stylie

I LOVE to have four or more changes of crisp cotton bedding for each bed ( and the big children all have a double bed) I LOVE my cupboard

I actually just considered taking a picture of it for my profile blush - it is not even in order as we are fully in the throes of house renovation

it is not even tidy but just never gets messy becasue it is all flat and lovely it never gets messy just out of order

WHAT a BORE paula!

WendyWeber Sun 30-Mar-08 20:48:30

Ours get changed when they are visibly grubby blush

liahgen Sun 30-Mar-08 22:54:12

Paula pleeeeease take a pic of your cupboard. grin

me? I'm with the 3/4 weekly, except baby cot, probably fortnightly unless messy, blush

Iron bedding? shock Is that allowed? doesn't it reduce it's effectiveness at aiding a good nights sleep?

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Sun 30-Mar-08 23:29:36

i have an ironer!

will take a pic tomorrow then - you will all wonder why i love it but it do

it reminds me of my lovely nan! she would have loved my cupboard too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »