Talk

Advanced search

Excuse me [coughs politely] sorry to but in on your shiny new topic but any chance of some hints for someone that's nearly an OWL?

(32 Posts)
damewashalot Tue 25-Mar-08 10:19:09

That's it really, I have ds1 9 ds2 6 ds3 2 and am 29wks pg with dc4. Most people think I am mad or assume I am just trying for a girlangry or assume that it was unplanned and say so!angryangry which really winds me up.

So any words from the wise and experienced on how I'm going to do this? Ds3 just kind of slotted in and we got on with it, am I kidding myself no 4 will be the same?

Also can I join in on the other thread in 11ish wks time please?grin

damewashalot Wed 26-Mar-08 11:06:31

I once had "Are these all yours?" shock and that's with just 3 of them, I'm a freak around herewink

I'm looking forward to having 4, 3 doesn't feel finished some how.

lljkk Wed 26-Mar-08 11:12:07

misdee when r u due? I searchd 4 u on all the natal threads but couldnt find u there.

Cadmum Wed 26-Mar-08 11:35:42

damewashalot: (Nearly typed washatot) We are in Switzerland. Just outside Geneva, near Nyon. The snow is unusual this late here but we are loving it!

I know what you mean about the hormones. Try to let it slide...

Cadmum Wed 26-Mar-08 11:38:37

I usually look madly about and start counting when people ask if they are all mine. Being far from home has made me take advantage of the anonymity though...

damewashalot Wed 26-Mar-08 11:47:39

I shut someone up the other day, middle aged woman said "Haven't you worked out what causes it yet?" but not in a friendly teasing way IYKWIM I replied that actually we knew exactly what caused it and were getting rather good at it which is why we've managed to have so many kidsgrin she went rather blush and shut up.

It's mostly the people that think i must be desperate for a girl that bug me, my boys are lovely and I'd be quite happy with another one.

Cadmum Wed 26-Mar-08 11:58:24

Oooh... I would love to have the courage to make statements like that! You could also just have looked puzzled and asked her to tell you what causes them. That put an end to my dad's questions!

I get a constant barrage of "Oh! Two of each! You must be pleased." "Gentleman's family X 2. How talented!" Etc etc...

If only people knew just how tedious it all sounds after 2 1/2 years of the same rubbish. I would be just as happy with four of one gender or 3 and 1. I did not choose the gender. It also happens that it took 7 pregnancies to get these four and gender was the least of my concern for any of them.

damewashalot Wed 26-Mar-08 12:40:25

Again, it's the hormones, I came home and said to dh "I can't believe what I've just said"shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »