Talk

Advanced search

Should I wait for third?

(1 Post)
Ifonly86 Sat 16-Nov-19 21:40:16

I’m desperate for a third baby but what I’m concerned about right now is timing. If I were to fall pregnant in my next cycle the baby would be due end of August, my eldest child is starting secondary school in September. I feel like this would be a terrible time for her and I wouldn’t be there for her as well as I could be without a newborn to care for. Plus the sleepless nights alongside teenage hormones and settling in to a new school may be difficult for her all at once. If I put it off a few months I would still be pregnant when she starts secondary school which is still a big change that may affect her alongside the new school changes.
I feel like I’m completely overthinking it as I know there is never a good time, but I also feel terrible for her that I’ll be heavily pregnant or have a newborn at an important time for her. My other child may feel left out with me trying to give eldest support and juggling a newborn so I have no idea if I can do this.
We’ve wanted another for years hence there being a big age gap but due to health reasons it hasn’t been possible until now. After a long talk it’s become a ‘now or never’ situation.
Has anyone else done this as their child is starting primary/secondary school and how did it go?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »