Talk

Advanced search

Infertility and third baby

(2 Posts)
lucieloos Mon 11-Nov-19 13:15:44

I have 2 young children both conceived after many rounds of ivf. I count myself lucky as there was a time where I couldn't see myself with any children. However we had 2 frozen embryos left after these 2 the first of which I transferred around a month ago and had a chemical pregnant and lost it at 5 weeks. I had already stupidly begun to dream of life with another and then it was gone. When I used to dream of having a family I always thought of 3 children.

A close family member has just announced her first pregnancy and her due date is 6 days before mine would have been. I'm happy for her but it stings a little.

I have one embryo left and that will be it due to age, finances and stress of treatment. I don't see it working as its not a great embryo.

Am I wrong to feel sad that we can't have anymore when we already have 2 beautiful babies and there are plenty of people out there that have none. I feel bad but I can't help but think our family isn't quite complete but there isn't a lot I can do about it anymore.

Does it get easier?

chopchopquick Mon 11-Nov-19 13:27:59

I am sorry for your loss flowers

I was in a similarish situation after dc2. We tried for over 3 years for DC3 and in the end we were advised the next steps would be IVF. We agreed not to do this for a number of reasons. I was heart broken despite already having 2dc. I think its natural especially after a chemical pregnancy as your emotions are vulnerable. We didn't love our 2dc any less because we wanted a third. In some ways it was a case of we knew what we would be missing in having another child. What you are feeling is not wrong. Be kind to yourself and I wish you all the luck with the embryo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »