Talk

Advanced search

What to do!?

(5 Posts)
laidbackllama Fri 19-Jul-19 05:53:42

I have 3 children age 5, 3 and 1. I am honestly stumped with what to do over the six week summer holiday with them all! We don't have a lot of money and I don't drive. I don't want it to be repetitive for them but I don't have a lot of ideas. Can anyone share their ideas of how to fill the days? Thanks in advance :-)

troppibambini Fri 19-Jul-19 11:46:59

It's hard isn't and a lot of it is dependant on the weather.
I have four dc (14,8,5 and 4) the eldest is pretty self sufficient now but with the younger ones I do things like
Making a den
Park with a picnic
If its hot paddling pool
Painting outside
Craft (I hate it but if it's a rainy day!)
Chalks on the patio
Setting up dinosaur world (inside or out)
Baking
Letting them help me make a picnic then eating it on the rug
Movie with popcorn (curtains closed like a cinema) and cuddly toys

laidbackllama Fri 19-Jul-19 13:58:05

You're right it really is so hard. It puts a lot of pressure on us I think. We want to keep them happy and entertained but for the whole 6 weeks and it's easy to run out of fresh ideas. Your ideas are lovely though! Thank you for sharing xx

Tidypidy Fri 19-Jul-19 14:00:39

Have a look on Pinterest: preschool activities; toddler ideas; challenges for kids etc. I have a board called "I'm bored activities" with puzzles, outside games, challenges, craft etc that my kids or I can print ideas from.

ElliT Fri 19-Jul-19 14:03:22

My children love nothing more than playing in the pool in the back garden on hot days. I do a bbq for them aswell. I dont really like going out on days when it's really hot as my 7 month old gets really cranky. Hot and bothered. It messes with his feeds.
On cooler days we do all the different parks in the area, trampoline parks, museums in the city centre.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »