Talk

Advanced search

To have a 3rd???

(4 Posts)
wigglybeezer Sun 23-Jun-19 09:04:47

I felt like you and live DS3 and did not find three young ones expensive but we are finding it a real stretch financially now with three young adults/ teens to support. Everything from from everyday necessitties like food and bills to uni costs and driving lessons. We have not been able to save for a while and travel is a rare treat, my siblings with only children have a significantly more sensible financial situation and more treats on the same income. I'm not very consumerist so not bothered about stuff but I am worried about not saving enough for old age.

MrsEeeeeeee Sun 23-Jun-19 08:52:31

That’s good to know, currently working 3 days, although trying to increase my hours at the mix. Thank you for your reply.

BackforGood Sun 23-Jun-19 00:43:47

I have 3. Love it. Was absolutely right for us.
I found 2 - 3 the easiest of the lot.
I think I'd done my worrying with the first one mainly, so the 2nd was much easier and the 3rd just fitted in.
Never regretted it.
Mine are spread over just under 5 1/2 years, so would be similar to you. They are all 3 school years apart, which is just how their birthdays fell.
I was lucky enough to go to part time after having dc2, but it hasn't hampered my career. I've moved jobs and been promoted as a Mother of 3.

MrsEeeeeeee Sat 22-Jun-19 20:29:36

My husband and I have always said we would like 3 children, I have an almost 4 year old who is going to school in sept and a 15 month old. My heart really wants a 3rd, I have had awful pregnancies and it’s not about wanting another baby, it’s about a 3rd child which I feel makes a lovely busy home. My head says stick with 2, money wise we are ok, but really live month to month. We have a 4 bed house and a 7 seater car so it wouldn’t be an issue fitting a 3rd child. I think I worry about my career having to really step back (I’ve worked really hard to get where I am) just looking for advice from parents of 3 really, is it a huge jump 😬🤷🏻‍♀️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »