Talk

Advanced search

Waiting 18 months before conceiving each child

(7 Posts)
Leleophants Thu 04-Apr-19 21:32:08

I've read a few things saying you need to wait 18 months at least before conceiving each child. That seems like a big wait especially as it probably won't happen first time and if you want a big family, how do you do it?

Did anyone do it sooner and how was it medically? How did the midwifes react?

Chocolateisfab Thu 04-Apr-19 21:34:29

I have 14 month gaps and 15 month. Never been an issue.

Tsotofamily Fri 05-Apr-19 08:27:05

I have a 16 month gap between my first 2 and all was fine.

DIZZYTIGGER87 Fri 05-Apr-19 09:30:17

I was told 12 months due to having Emcs with DS.

I think that was more to do with allowing scar to heal fully though.

Not that it mattered, DS is 20mo and still waiting for a BFP

IntoValhalla Fri 05-Apr-19 09:33:58

17 month between my two - DC1 was 8mo when I fell pregnant with DC2. I did get a raised eyebrow from the GP, and the “we recommend you wait at least a year between pregnancies” lecture..... but it was a bit late for that really wasn’t it grin Had the same kind of low risk pregnancy with DC2 as I’d had first time around, and had a textbook, straightforward home birth.

imip Sat 06-Apr-19 07:22:31

Never been an issue with 5 babies.

I had infertility conceiving my first dc. She was stillborn very sadly. I got pregnancy on my first period 4 weeks later. There is 10 months between them.

Next child was 19, then 20 and then 22 months later. I breastfed and it took a while for my period to come back, this dictated my gaps. After so much difficulty getting pregnant and losing my eldest child, I got pregnant with each subsequent child on my first period.

stucknoue Sat 06-Apr-19 07:26:39

I would wait at least 12 month before ttc minimum, mine are 2 years apart and it was very hard pre school age

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »