Talk

Advanced search

Unsure whether to go for baby number 2

(4 Posts)
Newmum26 Sun 10-Mar-19 22:21:14

We have a gorgeous DS who is 22 months old.
Hubby wants another baby as we always said we wanted two children.
I’m reading so much into it though this time and thinking I’m over thinking things too much 🤦🏻*♀️
I know you will say it’s only a decision I can make but I just wanted some advice or similar feelings that you may have felt like me.
In my heart I want another baby, I want a brother or sister for our son it will be nice for him to have a sibling. We always said we wanted two children to complete our family.
I want to enjoy being pregnant again, the scans the labour and birth, the having a newborn again the baby stages etc.
But I also feel guilty. So guilty. Guilty for bringing another child into our happy family of 3, is it fair on my DS? We spend all our time with him, play with him, read with him and he is so loved and happy, I wonder if it’s fair on him?
And before DS I guess you never knew what the sleepless nights were actually like people would tell you about it but this time I think it’s different as I actually know what it’s like 😩 It’s tough! But again is that enough to only stick at one child 🤷🏻*♀️
Anyone felt like this and have any words of advice muchly appreciated ☺️

Stuckforthefourthtime Sun 10-Mar-19 22:29:03

If you post on larger families, you're going to get a certain amount of bias, as 'larger' normally means 4+ kids!

I would say go for #2, as being an only seems to have its burdens and 2 is generally a manageable and affordable number, so long as you are handling having 1. Past #2 is fun but the volume is deafening and you have to be organised like sergeant major (or accept living in chaos). It's good though!

Or if you stick to one, there are many happy one child families, and within a couple of years you will have a lot of freedom back, if that's what you enjoy. There's no one-size-fits-all answer.

Newmum26 Tue 12-Mar-19 22:33:33

Thank you for your post it's nice to hear coming from someone who has a large family ☺️
X

Runningbutnotscared Sat 16-Mar-19 22:17:16

Speaking from personal experience I didn’t regret my second for a minute. I did worry about it while pregnant but once my dd was here I never thought about it again.
My two are still young but they adore each other and play and laugh together everyday. It’s so interesting watching them learn valuable skills about sharing and caring (although I am sure only children have these skills too).
How they both will feel when we add another two babies to the mix in a few months is anyone’s guess.
As pp says - 2 is definitely a good and affordable amount of children to have.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »