Talk

Advanced search

Tell me good things about 4 kids

(9 Posts)
cuckoowith2 Thu 31-Jan-19 07:03:18

Hi all,

Found out last week that I am unexpectedly pregnant with #4. My dc are 6 1/2, nearly 5 and nearly 2..... I was done at 3 and I'm terrified. We don't have a big enough house... I have PND after my youngest and I'm so scared of feeling like that again. Iv even considered abortion but I just don't know if I can go through with it! So I'm looking fo

cuckoowith2 Thu 31-Jan-19 07:06:23

Sorry Youngest jumped on me and pressed send before I'd finished! So I'm looking for positive stories of having 4.... I'm so scared of how I'm going to cope and how I'm going to feel! I'm really struggling to see any good coming from this!

bellajay Thu 31-Jan-19 07:13:32

I only have one but I grew up as the eldest of four. We had a three bed house and I shared a room with my two sisters.

It was always noisy and chaotic but I had a very happy childhood and remain close to my siblings now.

Igletpiglet Thu 31-Jan-19 13:28:12

Mummy was one of 8 and it was the happiest place ever, visiting the family. Happiest where ever they were, there’s always someone to talk to and parties were amazing! x
2 of friends have 4, they are enjoying it x

Fraula Thu 31-Jan-19 13:34:40

My 4th is very settled (luckily) and is honestly the easiest so far! I love having 4. It's more work at bedtime and managing teatime, but if you've done it with 3, it's not really harder with 4. I had pnd with my first two, but not this time. Have you got family or close friends who can support you late in pregnancy and after the birth? If not, could you employ someone for a couple of hours here and there?

cuckoowith2 Thu 31-Jan-19 16:48:45

Thank you for your replies...
Part of me does think we are already outnumbered so how much worse can it get. I do have friends and family close by, I have never really taken advantage of them before as I don't like to ask for help but maybe I should get over that! I do love the idea of having a big family, I think I just found going from 2-3 so much harder than I expected, I only just feel normal again and he's nearly 2, I'm scared about doing it again.

cragfastsheep Fri 01-Feb-19 17:49:52

I was in exactly the same situation, my 4th was a total surprise and I spent most of my pregnancy in denial. But, she's been the easiest baby/toddler and now 4 year old. We all absolutely adore her and the older ones love having her around. Best surprise I've ever had. It's tough with logistics and the little ones spend a lot of time in the back seat of the car whilst I drive the big ones to sports/drama/swimming/maths tutor! But the good most definitely outweighs the bad!

mindgoinground12 Sat 02-Feb-19 13:29:26

It's s nice even number....

I have 5 and loved having my fourth, i wouldn't have any more but love a large family. I think it brings it together even more.

Meplusfour Sun 10-Feb-19 08:33:15

I’m exactly the same even the ages of our kiddies! I was looking to get my tubes tied and then this little one surprised us! I was actually really excited, DH wanted one more (and is getting the snip after this one!!) but I didn’t so I was surprised to be so excited, but I did consider all options at first because I’m absolutely terrified too. We need a bigger car, bigger house, my three are a huge handful already, and I have PTSD and social anxiety so going out with a lot of hyped up and tantrummy kids really scares me as silly as it may sound!

I’m taking each day as it comes, making lists of what needs to be done and working on my threes routine now so everyone is ready for baby. The older ones are easy, when my third came along I found they were really helpful actually, and we got some good rules in place. I think it’s scarier now than when baby is actually here, then it’ll all just click into place and you just go with it and find what works. I’m not as nervous anymore, since obsessively making lists and plans and working through them grin like a crazy woman I’m feeling better. I’ve booked an early scan at 9 weeks for the bonding and that’s when we’re telling everyone smile

I’m only a PM away if you need a cry or rant or chat flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »