Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else feel like they'll never give birth to a certain gender?

(29 Posts)
spacefacexxx Thu 15-Nov-18 19:56:17

I'm utterly convinced all my children will be boys. I've already had one boy and I just have this deep rooted feeling that I'll only ever have sons and never a daughter. I have no idea why I feel like this but I have done since before I even had my son!

DerRosenkavelier Thu 15-Nov-18 19:59:22

< cough > sex, not gender

Apologies for being a pedantic dickhead.

WTFsMyUserName Thu 15-Nov-18 20:20:19

Me!

My father was one of two boys, my mother gave birth to 6 boys until I came along (don't ask), one brother has 4 boys and zero girls, another has 3 boys and one girl, and I've ended up with 2 boys.

I had a feeling they were going to be boys, both times and I have a strong suspicion if I were to have another child, it will probably be a boy again.

MrsCar Fri 16-Nov-18 10:38:06

How many children are you planning?

I felt like that about girls (had 2) and got a huge shock when no3 was a boy

spacefacexxx Fri 16-Nov-18 12:44:49

If I had my way I'd have another 4 but other half wants another 2 so we'll probably meet in the middle and have another 3! So I know that realistically our chances of having a girl a high but I'm 100% convinced they'll still all be boys. I think it's because I'm the only girl in my generation on my side of the family (two brothers and 8 male cousins)

MrsCar Fri 16-Nov-18 16:22:39

Yes but the sex of the baby is determined by the father, so your side of the family aren't relevant.

Frankie2015 Tue 18-Dec-18 21:52:52

Late to the thread but I've got 2 boys already and I have a strong feeling I'll only ever being having boys which I actually love the idea of! I'd love 4 children so time will telll

EverythingNow Wed 19-Dec-18 16:26:45

Me. 3 girls here and 7wks pregnant. I would love a boy but i am setting my expectations that it will be a girl. But having taken 19m to get this far I have to admit im just happy to be pregnant!

firawla Wed 19-Dec-18 16:31:43

Our family is quite boy heavy on DHs side but I have 4 dc and the 4th is a girl, sil also has 75% boys and dh is only had brothers. Depends how many dc you want to have as statistically by the time you get to 4 or even 3 you’re probably likely to get one of each

BirthdayKake Mon 24-Dec-18 08:50:26

Depends if you change penises or not!

I had a boy with teenage fling, three girls with first husband, and am now pregnant with second husband's first baby. I'm dying to know what it is!

Chocolatepeanuts Mon 24-Dec-18 08:54:19

3 boys here and just know if i had another it would be a boy too. Before kids i was always so sure Id have a girl, im from a girl heavy family so the idea of an all boy brood was just so alien! Now its my norm! I wont be having another but sometimes the idea of another little DS makes me broody.

spacefacexxx Mon 24-Dec-18 09:48:16

I'm pregnant with my second baby now so watch this space!

mabelstanley Mon 24-Dec-18 09:53:09

Well I think it's a bit early to worry about that yet seeing as you only have one child op smile

YahBasic Mon 24-Dec-18 09:56:35

I’ve always only wanted boys. On DH’s side, he has two brothers and a sister, and only has nephews so far. He also only has male cousins on his dad’s side, so you never know.

Elllicam Mon 24-Dec-18 10:04:16

I have 4 boys smile but I have 2 brothers and my husband has 2 brothers. All of one sex is nice, they play with the same toys and all get on well.

blueskiesandforests Mon 24-Dec-18 10:10:45

I know someone who said that. It was like a religious belief with her - she had 5 boys and had believed from being pregnant with no 3 that she'd only have boys.

She kept on having babies because she wanted more, but wasn't "trying for a girl". Her dc6 was a girl and she had PND, claimed not to know what to do with a girl confused despite being female and the only difference being that you don't have to worry about pointing a penis downward so they don't owe out if the nappy...

She dressed her daughter entirely in white lace ruffles until she was 4 and refered to her as a princess despite the fact she behaved pretty much identically to her closest in age brother. We've lost touch now so I don't know how it panned out...

blueskiesandforests Mon 24-Dec-18 10:12:11

Per not owe

blueskiesandforests Mon 24-Dec-18 10:12:22

Pee!

WildFlower2018 Mon 24-Dec-18 10:18:29

There are scientific studies that show if the father has male siblings he's more likely to produce male children. Same if he has sisters, more likely to have girls.

"A study of hundreds of years of family trees suggests a man's genes play a role in him having sons or daughters. Men inherit a tendency to have more sons or more daughters from their parents. This means that a man with many brothers is more likely to have sons, while a man with many sisters is more likely to have daughters."

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/press/articles/archive/2015/08/boyorgirlitsinthefathersgenes.html

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081211121835.htm

OP does your partner have brothers or sisters? X

slappinthebass Mon 24-Dec-18 10:41:25

I know someone that has 8 boys. I don't think only having 1 your feeling has any grounding though.

spacefacexxx Mon 24-Dec-18 11:13:12

@WildFlower2018 he has one sister! So we shall see

WildFlower2018 Mon 24-Dec-18 12:21:03

Ahhh there's hope for you yet then smile

Chrysanthemum5 Mon 24-Dec-18 12:44:50

My father was one of 11 - girl, girl then 8 boys then girl. I'm one of 5 girls. I think the idea that you only have one sex is a load of rubbish

Fatted Mon 24-Dec-18 12:50:20

I know full well I would only ever have boys with DH. In his family, there has only been 3 girls out of 16 children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. DP always said he would love a DD, but we knew it would be very, very unlikely!

Justploddingon Mon 24-Dec-18 13:01:57

I have 4 girls. The father of the first 3 has 2 brothers and a sister ,the father of the 4th 2 brothers 2 sisters. His father is one of 7 boys! I once met a lady with 8 daughters who was still trying for a boy so I stopped at 4 grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »