Talk

Advanced search

TTC #4 and struggling

(4 Posts)
EverythingNow Wed 13-Jun-18 19:48:23

After years of wanting #4 dh agreed to start ttc last summer (youngest was 6 at that point). I foolishly thought it would happen reasonably quickly as had my previous DC, I’d just turned 38.

I finally got a bfp in April but lost it 4 days later, hoped I’d fall again quickly but no luck last month. This month DH has been ill for 4/6 days of my fertile window, proper d&v ill so I can’t even say man up 😂 so I don’t think we are in with a chance at all this month. We only managed it once 5 days before.

So next month marks a year of trying, anyone else in a similar position? I’m torn between feelings of just give up as the gap is too big, and can’t bear to give up just yet...

Montsti Thu 14-Jun-18 19:39:44

I needed clomid with my 1st 3 and luckily it worked after 1, 2 & 3 months....I assumed it would then work while ttc no.4 but 6 months of clomid and nothing...last month of ttc before giving up and bfp at almost 41!! First completely “natural” baby...now a healthy 8 month old...

Montsti Thu 14-Jun-18 19:40:13

Just over a year of ttc including 6 months of clomid...good luck!

EverythingNow Sat 16-Jun-18 08:12:38

Thanks @Montsti, congratulations on your newest addition.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: