Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone one of three? Especially boy-girl-boy or boy-girl-girl combinations with a small age gap?

(6 Posts)
Twobigbabies Sun 11-Feb-18 22:45:41

Trying to decide whether to have a third. OH is very keen and I'm sure I would adore he/she, never regret it and we would make things work despite being penniless and living on top of each other etc .hmm My main concern is that the children would be unhappy and not get enough attention. Everything I have come across on searching for the children's point of view seems negative- being left out and not receiving enough attention from parents being the main complaints. However most people I know who are one of three have gone on to have three themselves so it can't be all that bad...

There would be two years between each child. I've read a larger gap seems the better option for the parents but would be interested to know what it's like from the kids' perspective.

Anyone have a good or bad experience of being one of three? What can you do as a parent/part time working mum to make sure they get enough attention and don't feel left out? (without being mega wealthy/winning the lottery!)

Twobigbabies Sun 11-Feb-18 22:49:27

Just to add- would love another to balance things out a bit but couldn't afford it and not the youngest of parents!

SpeckyB Tue 13-Feb-18 19:09:05

I’m the middle girl in a boy-girl-girl set up. I loved it and never felt left out. I think that was because I always had someone to play with. I’ve gone on to have 3 children myself. So has my sister. My brother doesn’t want children, so maybe he feels that he missed out?!

Oly5 Tue 13-Feb-18 19:11:32

I have boy girl boy and they love each other so far. Surely whether you get in with your siblings is a bit arbitrary, regardless of how many of you there are?

Littlefish Tue 13-Feb-18 19:24:55

I'm the middle off boy, girl, girl with 3.5 years from oldest to youngest. I hated being the middle. I was too close in age to each of my siblings. They got on well with each other. I felt that there was golden boy above me and a needy "baby" below me in age.

Keepingupwiththejonesys Tue 13-Feb-18 19:31:36

I have girl, girl, boy. There's just under 2 years with 1&2 and just over with 2&3. I'd love another but for quite a few reasons we aren't having more. I absolutely love how it is. Youngest is almost one and him and dd2 are starting to interact and play a little now. Dd1 adores ds and plays with dd2 lots. Dd1&dd2 fight as siblings do but for the most part its really nice and I wouldn't change things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now