Talk

Advanced search

Heavily pregnant with 2 preschoolers. How to rest?

(6 Posts)
blinkineckmum Thu 08-Feb-18 13:33:15

I am 34 weeks with no3 and I ache! I'm exhausted! But I always have a 4yo and a 2yo with me so I find it hard to stop. Any tips? Thanks

Afreshcuppateaplease Thu 08-Feb-18 13:33:46

Ceebeebies is your friend

oncountdowntospring Thu 08-Feb-18 20:12:21

I remember baby gates to keep them downstairs, CBeebies and then falling asleep in the afternoon on the floor while they played around me. It wasn't a deep sleep so I woke often but I just couldn't keep my eyes open. At that time the front room was thoroughly baby proofed too.

lorisparkle Thu 08-Feb-18 20:20:14

I decided that lying on the sofa ‘directing’ play was good practice for when I was bf the baby. Bizarrely ds1 loved to make huge wooden railway tracks and ds2 loved playing with the trains so they would occupy themselves nicely for over 30 minutes. Unfortunately ds2 was not so keen on the tv, but it worked its magic sometimes.

blinkineckmum Thu 08-Feb-18 20:23:42

Thank you. I feel guilty not taking them out enough but I am so sore! They happily played and watched tv for a bit today, and the half hour rest did me the world of good.

Raver84 Thu 08-Feb-18 21:31:14

I had the same gap and I too would set some toys up on the floor (not ones with small bits the could put in mouths ) I'd get loads of cushons out set up a kind of comfy zone and I'd doze whilst they played. Not ideal, but ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now