Advanced search

Which double buggy is best?!

(11 Posts)
AC14MUZ Sat 13-Jan-18 18:26:14

Hi All

We have a DS who just turned one and expecting DS 2 in the next few weeks. We need to upgrade to a double buggy but which one is best? Do we go side by side? Tandem? Are there any factirs we need to consider? We live in a first floor flat with no lift sad so preferably something that folds easily and isn't very heavy. For DS 1 we had a bugaboo but not sure how they stack up against all the other brands. What have others experiences been?

BrutusMcDogface Sat 13-Jan-18 19:23:58

I had an out n about nipper. It's a side by side but narrower than many side by sides, afaik. It goes easily through shop doors etc. It's not too heavy but you'd have to go and compare some by lifting them up, as I never had to lug it up stairs.

It's really easy to steer, can do it with one hand which is really handy! I loved my double buggy smile

BrutusMcDogface Sat 13-Jan-18 19:26:23

Oh and it is simple to fold!

MrsMarigold Sat 13-Jan-18 19:41:10

I had an out n about nipper, a few years ago and a mountain buggy, nipper rocked it was so easy to steer and they've improved it. I didn't have a car, went on tubes and buses and travelled halfway round the world with it on several occasions. It was super and the big tyres made stairs very easy (I have a nightmare front door) and the suspension was good even on cobbles. That and the baby Bjorn bouncy chair were the only bits of kit I can say I loved. Congratulations mine were 15 months apart and being side by side was good.

CondimentQueen Sat 13-Jan-18 19:54:25

Polarbear46 Sat 13-Jan-18 20:15:12

I loved the city mini jogger double , and ended up buying a single too

Princesspinkgirl Sat 13-Jan-18 23:40:27

Having the same dilemma due another in 8 weeks

HughLauriesStubble Sat 13-Jan-18 23:46:52

I had a baby jogger city mini double and loved it. Folded so easily and very compact once folded up. The only downside was that it was unmanageable with a buggy board so I had to swap to and out n about nipper when I was expecting dc3. The nipper is lighter and easier to steer but because of the wheels, it's harder to fold and bulkier when folded than the baby jogger. They are both good buggies but I would go back to the baby jogger in a heartbeat if the buggy board was more compatible.

We have the baby jogger single too and love it!

HughLauriesStubble Sat 13-Jan-18 23:49:22

Also as pp said, side by side is brill for small age gaps, there was 12 months between mine and they would hold hands and pass toys (and also slap/thump when squabbling shock )

Castlelough Sat 20-Jan-18 10:39:58

Like you I had a Bugaboo for dd1 and I decided on the Bugaboo Donkey when dd2 arrived even though there is a 2yr gap. I haven't a single regret. I bought it second hand. It actually folds up smaller than my Cameleon did, but you do have the extra seat in the car. I have a VW Passat so the boot is plenty big enough but it was also fine in my Toyota Corolla. Dh and I repeatedly say how glad we are that we invested in it. It has all the same functions as the Cameleon. I love being able to have them.both facing me if I like, or dd2 facing me and dd1 facing out. Love being able to wash the fabrics. Love that they are side by side. Love being able to adjust the angle of the buggy so they can be upright to eat or see out but flat for a nap. Havent found it awkward and it fits through standard doorways no problem.

Castlelough Sat 20-Jan-18 10:41:47

Oh and the basket underneath is a great size. Plus if I end up only having one child with me it it functions as a single buggy and the side basket is great in that case for a supermarket run!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now