Talk

Advanced search

Huge age gaps !!

(11 Posts)
Bigfamily10 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:40:36

Hi I’m new to this ! I’m currently a 37 year old mum to 6 , I have multiple multiples ! I have 21 year old triplets, 20 year old twins and a 19 year old Singleton , as I was a young mum my family refused to talk to us as a family and still haven’t so it’s always just been the 8 of us but I’ve recently found out I’m expecting a baby (single) and I’m worried about the age gap and how my other children will take it - they are amazing young adults all away at uni so space wouldn’t be a problem particularly but I feel as if maybe I’m passed it as I will soon (next 5-10 years) become a grand mother I assume , any advice appreciated ?

My children were 18 and 15 when I had my youngest. He’s now 16 and they are and always have been very close. Worked for us!

IrritatedUser1960 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:46:35

My sisters are 12 and 15 years younger than me, we have always been close.
I just find it rather annoying they still look great while I look ancient smile

Bigfamily10 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:51:34

I’m very excited but worried how will I cope with a newborn again after 19 years :/ we are an extremely close family and will all the kids are 2nd year/3rd year and master students at different unis round the country so I miss them so the baby would help with that

Bigfamily10 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:53:02

I’m very excited but worried how will I cope with a newborn again after 19 years :/ we are an extremely close family and will all the kids are 2nd year/3rd year and master students at different unis round the country so I miss them so the baby would help with that

MrsNacho Sat 13-Jan-18 15:53:34

I often consider having another batch when my curren brood grow up.

Well done to you surviving 6 under 3 though, that must have been hard going!

Funclesmuck Sat 13-Jan-18 15:55:52

Mate, you had six kids in three years, this will be a walk in the park for you!!

Bigfamily10 Sat 13-Jan-18 15:59:07

Haha thank you ! Having 6 children at 18 was so hard but we made it , I’m just so out of touch with all the newborn things

Emmageddon Sat 13-Jan-18 16:08:37

Good grief, what are you fretting about? Having one single baby is going to be easypeasy compared to having 6 babies in 3 years! And having adult siblings will be a great help - plus potential grandchildren will be future playmates. Congratulations!

Bigfamily10 Sat 13-Jan-18 16:13:20

Thank you just nervous as it’s been a long time since having a newborn but all the older siblings will help plus, one daughter is a trainee primary school teacher and another is a trainee midwife so I wil have help when and if I need it

KeepCalm Sat 13-Jan-18 16:47:50

Oh how wonderful!! Massive congratulations to you all.

It sounds like your current brood are an absolute credit to you.

Relax, enjoy and good luck thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now