Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When did you show with your third?

(10 Posts)
FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 31-Aug-17 14:03:39

Currently 6, going on 7 weeks with 3rd baby/ 6th pregnancy. I feel huge already - with both my 2 I was pretty small until >20 weeks. I obviously don't have an actual bump, but I look now like I did at probably 12+ weeks with the others. Not bloat as I wake up like it. Is it just that my poor abused stomach muscles have totally given up? Will I be the size of a house? Tell me about your third-time-round pregnancies, please!
Am slightly worried there may be more than one in there, which is definitely not in the plan, so need reassurance that third babies are just enormous and show within minutes grin

SchnitzelVonCrummsTum Sat 02-Sep-17 23:05:06

I think by about 9 weeks with my 3rd I was in maternity trousers for the comfort level - yes, my abs had just given up and I swear my normal trousers got tighter around 5 weeks; button undone and held with hairband weeks 7-9.
Once I got to about 18 weeks it became more actual bump and less pure bloat, and growth seemed to slow down a bit until the 3rd tri.
Congratulations!

Mycarsmellsoflavender Sat 02-Sep-17 23:09:22

Sorry, I don't remember showing any earlier with my third or my fourth.

DramaAlpaca Sat 02-Sep-17 23:10:13

Within about a week of finding out I was pregnant I think. I was huge, and there was only one in there.

NowtAbout Sat 02-Sep-17 23:10:31

My mum noticed I was pregnant at six weeks! I was putting off telling her she didn't want me to have any more. You are not alone!

EATmum Sat 02-Sep-17 23:12:48

With my third, someone stood up for me on the train at 8 weeks. Yup, very embarrassing (but also brilliant...)

ladybirdsaredotty Thu 07-Sep-17 16:16:09

I showed around 8 weeks if you were looking, same as with my second (but earlier than with my first).

PolarBearGoingSomewhere Sat 09-Sep-17 21:09:53

I was a bridesmaid at 19+5 and wasn't really showing at all - certainly no need to alter the dress bought the year before or anything.

At another wedding 3 weeks later so nearly 23 weeks I needed a maternity dress and it was really obvious.

Similar with all my pregnancies - I seemed to "pop" overnight. With my first it was when we were in Majorca and I spent the last week of the holiday wearing then rinsing out 2 maxi dress I had taken with me as I couldn't do any shorts up shock

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 09-Sep-17 21:21:19

Thanks for all the replies - a real range! PolarBear that's exactly what I've been like with the other 2 - don't even look pg until sometime over 20w and then suddenly pop.
I'm 8w tomorrow and have actually deflated slightly, so I guess a fair bit was bloat after all blush I can't tell if I'm gaining bump or just a bit squishier thanks to doing no exercise and eating ice creams all summer holidays! Decided to book an early scan for next weekend (constantly paranoid thanks to rubbish mc history) so will be able to check there's just one in there, doing what they should. Tbh I'll happily be the size of a house if it means I get a baby at the end of it. Fingers crossed!

ladybirdsaredotty Fri 15-Sep-17 07:30:40

Good luck OP flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now