Talk

Advanced search

How do you persuade DH?

(5 Posts)
Whatalready Sat 29-Apr-17 06:47:36

I'm really broody for one last baby. I think about it all the time! I have two older DS and a one year old. I want him to have a sibling. DH says no, we're done. Has anyone successfully persuaded their DH? How did you do it?

pipsqueak25 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:09:26

this could create resentment on both sides if you're not careful, why should you be denied / why should he have to have a child he doesn't want [but would probably love anyway] ?
what reasons does dh give ? is it about money, needing a bigger house or something else ? the younger child doesn't really need a sibling though do they - that seems to be the thing, many one children manage well without siblings, me for one, what is the age difference with the dc ?
for goodness sake don't have an 'accident' and get pregnant, it could backfire big time, it would be better to sit down one last time with dh and discuss all options and then if he is still anti you might need to move on and accept this is it, it's about compromise.
you don't want to potentially end up as a single parent do you ?

Whatalready Sat 29-Apr-17 14:20:25

He doesn't like the disruption. He loves our LO but doesn't want to be involved with the night feeds. He found the pregnancy and birth quite stressful. I'm happy to do all of that on my own.
There is no compromise on this issue though is there. We can't sort of have a baby.
I can tell that I will have to back down. I've begged. It breaks my heart. I hate this.

biginjapan Mon 08-May-17 21:00:27

I played the long game, for 3 years. I am now pregnant - dh had said he would be OK about it, but he is really not. I regret forcing his hand and feel greedy and selfish. I know he will adore dc4 when it arrives and so does he, but I wouldn't have done it if I had known how much he didn't really want it.

Whatalready Sun 21-May-17 06:43:10

Thanks for your reply. I hope it works out better than you think, Biginjapan. I don't know how far along you are in your pregnancy. By the time the baby is born I hope he has come round to the idea. I haven't said anymore about it yet. Still fantasizing that he will say that actually he's been thinking etc... I'd call round his neck if he did! Good luck to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now