Talk

Advanced search

Feeling so low.

(4 Posts)
SuperSix77 Sun 16-Apr-17 14:38:56

Hello all,
So this is very new to me. I have had 5 fairly straightforward pregnancies & now have 5 great kids. I am 37 weeks pregnant with my last baby & just feel so low. All I want to do is go to bed & sleep, but I obviously can't really do that! I've just finished up at work & should be over the moon but instead I am shattered, sore all the time, feel rubbish & have cried about 10 times this weekend already. My usually strong marriage doesn't feel strong at the moment & I feel so distant from my husband who clearly doesn't know what is going on as I've never been like this before.
I don't really know what I'm asking, other than has anyone been in the same boat? And will I feel normal again soon?!!
Thanks.

pipsqueak25 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:16:03

congrats on holding it together as long as you have ! if you weren't shattered i'd wonder what your secret was as i was always knacked when my 6 dc were young smile.
main advice for you is to talk to dh about how you feel right know, explain that you aren't coping mentally and that you need support in that department, talk, talk and talk some more, he doesn't know how you feel, you probably don't know how you feel that's why it is so important to get it out.
can you talk with your midwife / health visitor about things ?
family or friends are they supportive ? communication really is the answer with this one. brewflowers

angelinheaven Sat 29-Apr-17 08:35:25

Hi same as pp really, you are doing fantastic, you already have 5 dc that you take care of and a home, and if you've just finished work then not surprised your tired. I'm feeling the same as you I already have 5 dc and I'm 18 weeks pregnant, I'm tired all the time and feel like it's hard work to hold it all together. One day I feel so grateful for what I have then the next day I just want to shut myself away and cry.
Talk to your dh about how you feel or your midwife, my midwife has been great. flowersbiscuit

SuperSix77 Sat 29-Apr-17 12:02:10

Thank you both. ☺☺ Luckily I'm feeling so much better since I posted this! Was definitely having a down few days (very unlike me) but back to normal now. DH very supportive & I'm lucky as I'm close (in all senses of the word as she lives very nearby) to my Mum. Still shattered but at least the end of pregnancy is in sight! Due any day now. Thanks again & good luck with no.6, angel! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now