Talk

Advanced search

Newly pregnant with number 4

(6 Posts)
amazingrobot Tue 11-Apr-17 10:15:19

I have spent a long time persuading my dh to go for another. He was ambivalent - mainly worried about diluting attention for other 3. Our middle dc (9) is particularly attention seeking at the moment and I do see his point. Can anyone reassure me? We have ds10,ds9 and ds5 at the moment.

I am 4+5 pregnant at 38 and slightly spotting. Dh was negative when I told him but is coming round and says a big part of him is excited and he knows he will adore the baby if it comes. Trouble is I just don't think he would go for it again if this one doesn't stick.

Don't know what I'm asking really, just feeling a bit sad.

SerialReJoiner Tue 11-Apr-17 10:39:44

Hugs to you. If it's any consolation, all my dc have adapted brilliantly to a new baby, and yours are at a great age to help!

I wish you all the best.

SerialReJoiner Tue 11-Apr-17 10:40:34

Hugs to you. If it's any consolation, all my dc have adapted brilliantly to a new baby, and yours are at a great age to help!

I wish you all the best.

SerialReJoiner Tue 11-Apr-17 10:40:40

I wish you all the best.

NutButterNutter Tue 11-Apr-17 10:45:59

Hugs and I hope you're ok flowers
Mine are that age and newby is just over 6 months. They are all great with her, and she provides a good distraction for the attention grabbing older ones. I was worried about the ex-youngest as she'd been the baby but she is really fine.
Hope it all works out for you. Have you talked to DH about it? X

amazingrobot Tue 11-Apr-17 13:59:27

Thank you. I have spoken to him and lots of his concerns make sense. It's one of those difficult ones where I can't even be annoyed with him - it's so reassuring to hear good stories about introducing a 4th.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: