Talk

Advanced search

Cars suitable for 3 kids?

(10 Posts)
Babybeesmama Wed 05-Apr-17 16:25:17

26 weeks with DC3! Looking for a new car.. we currently have an old Audi A4 which we love.. but will not fit 3 car seats!
DS is 4 & in high back booster & DD is 7 & Also in high back booster (she is very petite so I'd like her to stay in this as long as possible) .

The plan is to get a small run around that's cheap to run & a bigger family car that fits us all.. plus lots of camping crap as we do a lot of camping.

DH is not keen on Picasso/zafira/espace...

We looked at an old Range Rover at weekend which he liked & fit 3 car seats a dream but I'm concerned buying an old one we might end up with big repair bills etc. And 4x4 would be handy as in winter we live at the top of a hill & when we have a sprinkling of snow all the buses stop 🙈.

Any good suggestions? Prefer the SUV 4x4 style than people carrier but open to suggestions! TIA!

NaturWilde Wed 05-Apr-17 16:45:08

Galaxy. Even an older model. Does everything you need!

mummabearfoyrbabybears Wed 05-Apr-17 17:21:07

We have a Hyundai i800. Massive 8seater minivan. Absolutely brilliant. Room for my four children and the boot is huge for my theee dogs. Runs well and is really fuel economic. Brilliant car!

IDoNotHaveTheFoggiest Wed 05-Apr-17 17:22:11

Volvo XC90

JustMumNowNotMe Wed 05-Apr-17 17:23:56

We have a Volvo XC90 7 seater for our 3, I love it!

JustMumNowNotMe Wed 05-Apr-17 17:24:26

x post I do!

redjumper Wed 05-Apr-17 17:28:38

We've just been looking at cars with 3 separate seats across the back, lots were 7 seaters which you didn't say you were looking for but does mean they have big boots:
Seat Alhambra (7 seats), ford galaxy, Ford s max (7 seats) or c max (5 seats), citroen c4 grand (7 seats), VW touran, landrover discovery, peugeot 5008 (7 seats).
We also saw a Honda CRV which was great and 4 x4. It didn't have 3 separate seats but would have fitted 2 high back boosters and a rear facing baby seat in but not with Isofix and that's what put me off. It was a similar situation with most of the SUVs so we went for a MPV in the end and we're pleased with it.

Babybeesmama Wed 05-Apr-17 18:58:53

What car did you get in the end red?

Thanks for all the replies! I'll get on auto trader 😀. I love the Volvo XC90.. but not sure if our £10K budget will stretch?

SweepTheHalls Wed 05-Apr-17 19:00:00

Galaxy smile

redjumper Wed 05-Apr-17 19:41:55

I got a peugeot 5008. It was £12k for one-year old with low mileage so quite good value for money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now