Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Basic holiday packing list!?

(12 Posts)
rainbowsandsunshine Tue 21-Mar-17 13:58:52

Hi,

We are a family of 6 and I am currently pregnant too. Me, DP, my DD and 3 DSC aged from 5-12. We have a 7 night holiday booked for the summer holidays, first one that we will all be going on together. I know its a while off yet but the panic is beginning to set in already.

We are staying in a lodge in the UK, close to the beach. I was just in the process of making a list of what each child will need so I can buy and tick a few things off each week to budget, but I'm struggling.

Can anyone help me at all?

I'm thinking I might just plan 7 outfits for each child? Swimwear and a few nice shirts/dresses for the evenings?

I really have no idea! Any help appreciated!!

Astro55 Tue 21-Mar-17 14:04:01

3 shorts 4 tshirtd dress for evening nice top trousers or jeans for boys

You don't need tons of clothes kid will rewear things

Swimming costume each

Socks pants

They will be in swim things most of the day - include a throw on top if it's hot or to walk back in

Beach shoes, trainers and nice shoes

Night clothes

That's all they need

Reow Tue 21-Mar-17 14:07:47

Blimey you're brave!

Shamoffour Tue 21-Mar-17 14:17:05

I've got four dc (11,6 3 and 2) and packing is not actually that bad.
Seven day outfits-shorts and tshirts or sun dresses (h and m is you friend especially the £2.99 sundresses)
Seven night outfits
Pool shoes and sandals (travel in pumps/trainers)
Two hoodies
Three pjs
Three swimming costumes/shorts
Underwear

I start about a week before and everyone has a pile on our bedroom floor. I always try to remember we are going to spain (or wherever) not the middle of nowhere they have shops if I forget something!
Everyone has little wheelie suitcase to take on the plane with things to do. I stock up at somewhere like wilkos before I go.

Shamoffour Tue 21-Mar-17 14:18:37

Should have added mine are incapable of keeping clean so I need a fresh outfit every day.

JustSpeakSense Tue 21-Mar-17 14:52:13

Passport
Travel insurance documents
Tickets/booking confirmations
Bank cards, foreign currency
Clothing:*
Sweatshirt/cardigans (cool nights)
Trousers or jeans (cool nights)
Summers dresses/ shorts & t shirts
Smarter outfits for evenings out
Swimming costumes & cover ups for beach
Hats and sunglasses
Pyjamas
Underwear & socks
Sandals & trainers

Swimming towels

Toiletries and Medication:
Toothbrushes and toothpaste
deodorant
Perfume
Hairbrush/accessories
Jewellery
Make-up if necessary
Razor
Sun cream
Aftersun
Mosquito repellent
Sanitary products
Wet wipes
Tweezers
Nail scissors & nail file
Some washing powder for any hand washing

Diarrhoea treatment
Paracetamol
Antiseptic cream
Plasters
Any personal medication
(Lots of ziplock bags for packing toiletries)

Phones, iPads, chargers (adapters)
Colouring in/books etc for children on plane and in restaurants
Snacks (cereal bars, nuts, dried fruit, sweets) for travelling
Mine are prone to travel sickness so I take some travel sickness vomit bags.

RockyRoadster Tue 21-Mar-17 15:06:52

If the holiday is in the UK, you'll need some warmer clothing and raincoats too!

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 21-Mar-17 15:19:22

Where in the uk? Is it likely to be warm?

Shamoffour Tue 21-Mar-17 16:00:06

Sorry I missed you are holidaying in the UK! I would take lots of layers and waterproofs.

rainbowsandsunshine Tue 21-Mar-17 16:36:05

Thank you all for the advice. Staying in the UK as I will be 30 weeks pregnant! We are going to Devon, so hoping the weather is nice but of course cannot guarantee it!

I was thinking of maybe taking dresses that could be worn with leggings and a cardigan if its not as warm? Or layering up with a jumper etc.

I have just had a closer look at our accomodation and we do have a washer/dryer, which is a bonus.

imip Tue 21-Mar-17 22:22:19

Yes, I layer with leggings, cardigans, dresses and skirts. I have 4dds and we can pack really light, Especially when we travel by air. We only take two ruck sacks (keep our hands free for the dc). All I need is a washing machine. We are off to the states for 2 weeks over Easter. I'm taking 4-5 outfits each, a wedding outfit, 3 pairs of shoes and swimming gear.. each dc will have a packing cube each from Tiger and perhaps one for wedding clothes. I just need to keep on top of washing.

I never wish I pack more, only less!

imip Tue 21-Mar-17 22:25:12

Oh, I would take a fleece and a waterproof coat per dc. And a cardigan - that should be enough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now