Talk

Advanced search

5th baby, yes or no?!

(8 Posts)
madhouse10226 Fri 10-Mar-17 15:01:48

I have 4 kids (ages 12, 10, 8 & 7)

3 eldest are boys, youngest is a girl. When we were trying for no.4, we used gender swaying methods in the hope of getting a daughter, and it seemed to work, we got our girl!

Now thinking about having one more.... ideally a girl, so if we did we would gender sway again, but of course that doesn't guarantee a girl.
Currently all my kids have their own bedrooms, so another baby would mean 2 sharing. It also feels like a massive thing to go back to nappies and sleepless nights etc all over again, and whenever I think " yes lets do it!" the doubts creep in, and voice of reason won't stop going on in my head. I just can't decide either way and its driving me a bit mad. I'm worried I would regret it, and wondered if anyone here has experienced a big age gap after having children very close in age.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 14-Mar-17 11:36:55

Have 2 more!!
Close together!!
I have a 6 year gap between last 2. Tried for another but after 18 months and me being 45 it's not gonna happen now.

Spideysenses1 Thu 16-Mar-17 13:46:40

I have 4 . Youngest is a few months . Largest gap between mines is 6 years. Both me and my Partner would have another smile love my big family !

thefabfour Thu 16-Mar-17 22:56:51

I didn't want to read and run, because this could have been me a couple of years ago.

We had DC5 18 months ago and our older DC were DS 13, DD 11, DS 9 and DS 8 .( need to change my name! ) It was a bit of a shock to the system at first going back to the baby stage and I did feel like everyone we ever spoke to thought that we had completely lost the plot...

However, 18 months on, the older children dote on their baby sister and my DD was especially thrilled to finally have a sister ( as previously everyone had a sister but her). As we also had the first 4 DC in 5 years, I'm really enjoying just spending time with one baby. It feels like I can really enjoy her as opposed to the manic time we had with the first 4.

Do you work? I'm really worried about getting back into work after this baby having resigned last year. I worked part time throughout having the first four ( not quite sure how) and had hoped to then gear up when they were bigger but obviously this has reset things to the point that it's probably not recoverable.

Other than that, it's all good. Happy to answer any other questions or hand hold if you decide to go for it grin

2plus4is6 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:43:57

I found this thread while basically asking the same question, my 4th is only 11 months though and already I feel the cogs of broodiness turning.
No real answer I'm afraid but just to say I feel exactly the same.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:45:18

Np. 4 is more than enough.

2plus4is6 Sun 19-Mar-17 19:46:57

What are the gender swaying techniques?

Submit Wed 22-Mar-17 13:23:14

What's one more? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now