Pregnant with my 6th !!!!!!

(19 Posts)
angelinheaven Mon 06-Mar-17 18:46:32

Hi all, don't post but follow lots of threads.
So I'm pregnant with my 6th and just wanted to hear from some of you lovely ladies, who have already been where I am. This is a very wanted baby as I lost twins a year ago, at the time I didn't want anymore after that, but that soon changed as can't imagine not having anymore. My youngest will be starting school this year and this will be my biggest age gap for a lot of years.
So please tell me how much harder its going to be with number 6, I'm so excited, are people going to think I'm mad !!!!!

Tsotofamily Tue 07-Mar-17 06:31:37

I'm a mummy of 4 so can't really comment so definitely can't comment on life with 6. But wanted to say a huge congratulations, when are you due?

angelinheaven Tue 07-Mar-17 14:20:15

Not due till September, nobody knows yet as only 10 weeks!!
I found my 4th the hardest out of all of mine, how old is your youngest ?
All mine will be at school by the time this one is here so can't see it being that hard. Will just have to be extra organised and have lots more washing !!!!!!

Gaaaah Tue 07-Mar-17 14:35:54

I've just had my 6th. He's only 11 days old so we're still settling in although so far he's a great eater and sleeper (touch wood it stays that way!) The next one up is 15 months. She is a handful but my husband has taken extended leave to help out especially as I had a csection too. The others are all at school.

People think we're crazy, yes. We get a lot of looks everywhere we go but I pride myself on having well behaved kids. They have their moments certainly but generally speaking are really good.

There's days where it's mind numbing with all the stuff to get done and people to get organised but I'm sure that's the same for people with 2 or 3 children too and I wouldn't change it for the world.

Tsotofamily Tue 07-Mar-17 21:47:47

Angel - she's 7 months, she's such a good baby. My other 3 are at school. I would love more but realistically I think I'm done

Gaaah - congratulations

Xxx

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Tue 07-Mar-17 21:51:28

Congratulation!! There is 14 months between my ds5+ds6. . Now 15+16!!
Had 5 more after them!!

angelinheaven Wed 08-Mar-17 07:07:54

Gaaah-I'm also going to be having a csection, congratulations you sound like your managing really well,
My youngest is very clingy so abit worried she may get jealous, just feels like along time ago that I done the baby thing,
And as for the other people thinking I'm mad, they thought I was mad with having a 4th and 5th so I know what comments are coming. But I always wanted lots of children and certainly wouldn't change it for the world either
Thank you x

Gaaaah Wed 08-Mar-17 09:14:23

Aw thank you everyone. I feel exactly the same Angel. I set out knowing I wanted a large family and that's what I've got. I feel like I am done now though. 6 is the perfect number for us.
Sometimes the comments really get to us, my eldest is 10 and when people say things in his earshot he feels very defensive over our brood.
I worried about my youngest too but shes managing very well. We're cuddling all the time at the moment and even though she's really young we ask her to help do things for the baby and give him cuddles too. She kisses him constantly grin

angelinheaven Wed 08-Mar-17 09:27:51

Aww that's lovely, my ds is in the middle of 4 dd, so he really wants a brother. My youngest is nearly 4 and keeps saying she wants a baby sister.
Either way with my mmc last year of twin boys,I'm happy with boy or girl as long as I end up with a healthy baby.
I'm not sure I will ever be done, but I know I will have to stop with this one as already had csections with all of mine and I'm 38 now,so getting too old for anymore. Just going to try to relax and enjoy every minute as they grow so quick smile

Stilllivinginazoo Wed 08-Mar-17 09:32:44

I've get stupid comments with four "zoolets" but couldn't resist nipping in with a congratulations!flowers
I'd have loved more.(too old)
I found 2-3 hardest(more kids than i had hands)

SerialReJoiner Wed 08-Mar-17 09:42:31

My sixth is 9 weeks old tomorrow. smile Sometimes I look around at my life and wonder what I've done!! But mostly, I am very happy with my choices and really enjoy all my crazy family. My next youngest is in nursery, so I get 2.5 hours a day with just the baby. She is coping well, although will often say "I wish I was a baby". Someone to cater to my every need/whim? Sounds like a good deal to me. wink

Keepingupwiththejonesys Wed 08-Mar-17 09:45:42

Aww I'm a mummy of 3 ages 4, 2 and 3 weeks and also have a 13 year old stepson so can't comment on bigger families but congratulations smile . I love big families and in ways would have liked more but we are 100% done now. My mum is one of 9 and loves it. I love having millions of cousins and am one of 4, dh one of 5 so not from a small family

angelinheaven Wed 08-Mar-17 09:45:47

Someone I know has 8 and she seems more relaxed than others that only have 2 or 3.
I hate the comments and remarks that strangers feel the need to say, I once had a women say to me in front of all dc 'you must be mental' I replied with 'no not at all, they where all planned and much wanted, and have better manners than most adults !!'

Keepingupwiththejonesys Wed 08-Mar-17 10:41:38

I've had so many comments already with just my three so can only imagine. Its daft, like you all mine have been planned and the smallish gaps where done coz that was our preference and we have been lucky enough to be able to plan this way. I don't mind the comments like 'ooh you've got your hands full' etc but I get a lot of people assuming we are now stopping coz my youngest is a boy (elder two are both girls). We didn't care at all if baby was a boy or girl and it just annoys me when people make assumptions.

madmoon Wed 08-Mar-17 10:51:22

6 here although my oldest is 21 and youngest is 3, be fair I find the most difficult thing with having 6 is trying to go away be it a day or a week , hotel rooms generally only do 2 ad 3ch so we have to have two hotel rooms and two vehicles.
Other wise it's all fun , expensive fun
My gaps were 21 ,17, 14, 11, 5, and 3 so I have a huge range of children and maybe found it slightly easier because when 5 and 6 , came 1-4 could occupy them self so too speak .

angelinheaven Wed 08-Mar-17 18:00:15

I don't think it will be that hard here as all mine will be at school by the time I have this one, so even if I'm up through the night I can get some rest during the day while they are all at school.
Just think I'm going to need 2 washing machine, my poor washer is on constantly, surprised it's still workinggringrin

HotSince82 Sat 11-Mar-17 16:42:37

Two washing machines, that is inspired!
Congratulations btw, my fifth is fourteen weeks and I'm not planning a sixth but thats purely because I've had so many c sections.
I dont think youre mad at all.

Its nice to be busy 😉

yaela123 Mon 13-Mar-17 21:12:37

I have 6: DS 16 and DDs 14, 10, 6, 5, 5 (twins) so there are only 15 months between the twins and DD3.

We only planned 4 but I love having 6 kids! They key is planning, but even then it's mostly chaos with 1000000 people trying to get your attention or at least that's what it feels like.

I can't comment myself as we jumped from to 6, but the two other people I know with 6+ kids say 6 doesn't feel that different to 5. But then again, since you've got a bigger age gap, I guess you will be jumping back to the baby years again so it will feel quite different.

It is good when the older ones can help out too. My oldest was 11 when the twins were born and even little things like rocking the crying baby when mummy has her hands full are important, plus they can do more chores.

Try and include your youngest in 'big sis' jobs like looking after the baby (not alone obviously) to make her feel important but don't forget she will want babying sometimes too. A little bit of rivalry/jealousy doesn't kill.

That's a lot of c-sections! I'm sure you are in the best hands though. I had 3 VBs followed by an emcs and an elcs and they were the toughest, but you must be an old hand!

Anyway, you're not very far in yet so focus on yourself and your pregnancy for now. You can worry about the rest later!

Good luck! Happy to answer any more questions

Submit Wed 22-Mar-17 13:25:44

I have 7. Three onwards I didn't notice the difference if I'm honest. It's one more set of shoes in the box, one more plate to wash etc...5-6 you don't even notice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now