Talk

Advanced search

Ford galaxy

(6 Posts)
barleyteddy Fri 13-Jan-17 08:47:07

Hi I had posted on cars section but wondered if would get faster response on this here? Currently pregnant with dc3, need new car and thinking about galaxy. Anyone got one? Petrol or diesel? I'm leaning towards petrol but would be keen to hear from anyone who has experience of this car.
Thanks

endofthelinefinally Fri 13-Jan-17 08:54:22

I had a galaxy for years. Loved it.
I wouldnt buy a diesel car now. We always had diesel in the past but they would be a liability now.

barleyteddy Fri 13-Jan-17 09:09:48

Thanks. Going to test drive one this weekend, never driven a car so big! Eek! Yes I would prefer petrol, I live in a city, do a lot of urban driving with some longer distance at weekends. So much bad publicity about diesels these days....

endofthelinefinally Fri 13-Jan-17 14:11:52

It really isnt that big. Visibility is excellent. We found being able to move the seats around was great.

Wassat Fri 13-Jan-17 14:14:05

I have a diesel Galaxy and three children, I adore it! It doesn't feel that big to drive, has (so far) been reliable, is easy and enjoyable to drive and has more than enough room for 3 car seats across the back seat. love it, love it, love it!

LostInMess Mon 16-Jan-17 23:40:01

I have a diesel galaxy and also love it. 4 DC, including one toddler and I can get them all in plus the buggy (nipper 360) no trouble at all, with all 7 seats up and 4 car seats. We tend to have 2 in the middle and 2 in the very back, so we keep the end seat in the second row free so the two in the back can get in easily.

We also managed to get all of us, the buggy, everyone's luggage and Christmas presents and the cat in recently, after the topbox broke just before we returned home. I have no idea where the space comes from but there's plenty there.

Fuel consumption is great for motorway journeys, less so for town driving but that'a
to be expected. We test drove a number of 7 seater, including the Land Rover Discovery and the Volvo XC90 but they felt massive whereas the galaxy didn't feel much bigger than our small
Estate car (Audi A4).

Would wholeheartedly recommend and will
probably get another one when this one dies (currently 104000 miles and still
going strong). Although skoda are just about to release a 7-seater which looks quite tempting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now