Talk

Advanced search

Will the urge for more ever stop!?

(10 Posts)
rainbowsandtoadstools Thu 03-Nov-16 09:34:00

Im a married mum of 3 amazing DCs

DD 7 DS 4 & DD 2

Was adamant we was done at 3 but since the youngest has turned 2 I'm feeling so broody again, I love everything about being pregnant & raising another child would be amazing, but if we had another would I feel broody again in a couple of years, does it ever end? Do you ever know when you done?

rainbowsandtoadstools Thu 03-Nov-16 09:35:09

Oops Ds is 5 blush

getthatsoungoutofmyheadplease Fri 04-Nov-16 11:55:46

I wonder if some people just have a number. Ours was always 4, we did try and pretend that it was 3, but who were we kidding! we still have that empty place at the table feeling.

Now that we have 4 the desire for more had completely gone, I took my maternity clothes to the charity shop pretty much the first time I left the house after DC4 was born.

griffinsss Sat 05-Nov-16 03:00:59

I hope it goes confused

Philoslothy Sat 05-Nov-16 03:07:47

We have six and a stepson. I am seriously broody although I know that I should not have any more. So for me it doesn't go away

yiska Sat 05-Nov-16 03:12:41

I think it can go... and then come back!

You can feel well, not done but focused on something else. Maybe existing children or work or other life stuff. And so you don't necessarily want more at that point.

And then... bam you're back after X years thinking ahhhh pregnancy, babies I want that!

rainbowsandtoadstools Wed 09-Nov-16 21:46:30

I think your right!

It went and now it's back, I was hoping it would stop once we have dc3 but it hasn't!

I think I get a 2 year itch..... lol

user1478904621 Wed 16-Nov-16 22:41:45

I've got 5 & the youngest is nearly 6. I've been broody on & off for the last 2yrs. I'm going through a phase now lol. I'm 42 now though & would be worried something would go wrong. It does make me feel sad that I'll never experience the whole bump/little kicks/newborn snuggles thing again 😔

flippyflapper Mon 28-Nov-16 14:22:43

I have 5 and the youngest are soon to be 5, after they were born I was happy with no more (twins)

For the last 2 ish years I have been so broody so for me it hasn't gone it has got worse and I think having that little clock ticking for age and knowing you have a certain time if you do want another.

iecgi Fri 10-Mar-17 19:01:48

I am worrying about this i have 5 was feeling done then we had a miscarriage at 11 weeks in may we tried again for about 5months and had a mc at 4 weeks last month and weve decided to stop trying as i cant take anymore disappointment each month i was getting terribly upset silly i know but we concieve veru quickly usually one missed pill or one month of trying with all my pregnancys except the last mc. I also had miscarriage s before my eldest was born then went on to have healthy pregnancies and have a 8 7 5yr old twins and 2 year old i know thats probably enough lol and i did feel complete before but i feel theres somene missing a little pair of shoes that arnt in my hall a little person not at the table and i dont know what to do. I feel i desperately want to this baby ive not met yet and yet cant help something physically must have changed to flip me back into what caused me to miscarry all those times before and i dont want to keep trying for a baby maybe i cant have when i already have a beautiful family that fills my heart i feel like i should just be happy with what i have but you know what i am im filfilled and blessed and i count those blessings daily (head coints are essential some times) but if i could get pregnant as easy as i had before id be over joyed to have my number 6 and i know most people try a lot longer than 5 months but like i said i feel like something must have changed. So i guess what im thinking is will this ache in my heart get better or will i always feel we should have been one more.... Will i think i gave up too soon....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now