Talk

Advanced search

Will I miss the 7 seater

(17 Posts)
Misselthwaite Wed 31-Aug-16 15:00:23

I have three children, 9, 6 and 4. Car is on its way out its a Citroen grand c4 Picasso. Options are to buy a large estate which would be cheaper or to stick with 7 seats.

We haven't used the seats that much but they have at times been very handy. My parents are getting on and my mum currently can't drive due to ill health. 7 seats means we can go in one car. I'm a teacher so have the kids all through the holidays and thinking in the future 7 seats means all three kids can have a mate for days out.

But its much more money and I'm naturally quite tight.

Any words of wisdom from those a bit further along with older kids. Will the 7 seater be worth it?

ImYourMama Wed 31-Aug-16 15:07:52

I would say 7 seater is 100% worth it for the invaluable bonus of flexibility

Tsotofamily Wed 31-Aug-16 15:19:15

I would second that. I don't know what I'd do without my 7 seater

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Wed 31-Aug-16 15:21:07

I had a 7 seater, changed to a car and after a year I went back to a 7 seater. The car was just too tiny.

bonzo77 Wed 31-Aug-16 15:33:02

Maybe look at a small 7 seater where the extra two seats are just pop up ones. Like an S max (rather than Galaxy) or Nissan qashqi +2. When I was little my parents had a normal estate car with pop up rear facing seats in the boot. Might have been an Audi.

RueDeWakening Wed 31-Aug-16 15:35:16

We've just gone to a 7-seater (SEAT Alhambra) after years with a Citroen Xsara Picasso. Kids are 9, 6 and 3 and I can't see us going back to 5 seats for quite some time. The flexibility of having friends along after school/on trips, or being able to go on holiday with the back 2 seats down and without a roofbox on the car is fabulous.

idontlikealdi Wed 31-Aug-16 15:35:53

We have a zafira and it has tons more space in it than SILs audi estate. We don't often use the rear pop up seats but the space is invaluable.

Misselthwaite Wed 31-Aug-16 21:29:55

Right you've all convinced me I'll buy another 7 seater. Just need to decide which one now!

123therearenomoreusernames Wed 31-Aug-16 21:44:39

I really like the look of the Grand C-Max if your not using all seven regularly. I currently have an S Max its great but they are pricey. The new ones are mega bucks

DramaAlpaca Wed 31-Aug-16 21:49:32

When my DC were about the age of yours we got a 7 seater, and we had one throughout their teenage years. It was invaluable & had plenty of room for their long legs.

I've only just downsized to something smaller now that my youngest DC is 18.

MrsRedFly Thu 01-Sep-16 19:31:21

We have a Nissan X-Trail which has 2 pop up seats in boot (previously had Qashqai +2 which have been discontinued ) which I recommend

My DC are 11, 9, 9 - they are getting bigger (surprise) and will need to think of bigger car in the next year too!

lostlalaloopsy Mon 05-Sep-16 14:11:19

We have an SMax and I love it! There are 2 pop up seats in the boot, and just loads of space. I was just saying to dh that I can't ever see us going back to a 5 seater car.

BackforGood Mon 05-Sep-16 14:17:48

We had 3 zafiras, one after the other from when my dc were littlies right up until 18 months ago. I REALLY miss it/them now we have an estate car. The 7 seats, but also the fleixibility of seating and the height of the boot - bikes, furniture, a wheelchair at one point, tip runs, etc., etc.
The fact you mention being able to / wanting to take your parents to places too, I think you have to stick with the 7 seats.

Unlockable Mon 05-Sep-16 14:18:22

How about the very new skoda, it's called a K... Something, I think, looks cool though and comes in a 7 seat version and isn't megabucks

Hawkmoth Mon 05-Sep-16 14:18:47

We love our Kia Sedona.

BoolaBass Tue 13-Sep-16 05:05:58

I'll second the Kia Sedona. It has SLIDING DOORS and three full size adult seats in the middle (so can fit three child seats) and a massive boot when you remove the back row seats. It's amazing!

Fletcherl Tue 13-Sep-16 05:25:39

I also love a 7 seater with sliding doors. Still using it for moving furniture into university digs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now