Talk

Advanced search

Package holiday with 3 children - list of hotels that sleep 5 in a room?

(7 Posts)
Sellotapewillfixit Mon 13-Jun-16 12:48:07

Thinking ahead to a couple of years when we have 3 children all over 2, so move out of the standard 2 adults plus 2 children plus cot that can usually fit in a family room.

Looking at a package holiday (Europe, summer holidays, 2 weeks or thereabouts) that currently costs around £5k, when the youngest is over 2 that price goes up by over 50% to around £7.5k.

I think we will probably just book villas but does anyone have any recommendations for hotels/chains/travel agents that would have larger rooms? And what age would you sleep 2 older children in a room by themselves?

Have a look at the aqua fantasy spa and waterpark hotel in kusadasi, amazing place and has family suites which we had, dc had a huge room with enough room for 3 beds and we had our own separate, just got back smile and booking again for next yr

Ps out dc are boy 13 and girl 5

Sorry I've got fat fingers! Our not out

Malermalergoni Mon 13-Jun-16 13:03:48

Packages can be £££ for families.But I think as the family grows you appreciate good self catering facilities anyway. Sometimes it's nice to be able to get a bit of shopping in and relax at the villa. Boring as it is, facilities for laundry/ dishwasher are really handy with a few kids on board. We've been to several resorts in Italy and Spain that have little bungalows or houses on holiday complexes. They're a good compromise if you don't want to pay for big villa with private pool etc. Colina Paraiso (benahavis) Spain, has nice houses with jacuzzis on the roof. And I think Bella Italia (lake Garda) has houses in site too, but we've never stayed in them.

Sellotapewillfixit Mon 13-Jun-16 13:32:38

Thanks both. Good to know we have options! I like self catering and we would do that at least every other year anyway, but the children are getting to the age where they like activities with other children, so I think we will want to do some packages over the next 5 years. Will need to start saving! All other suggestions welcome!

LostInMess Mon 13-Jun-16 19:39:34

Sellotape, we have always self catered but with DC4 just 8 months, weren't up for the expense of a villa and rather felt we needed sufficient distraction for the older 3 so that one of us could man mark him. We're trying eurocamp for the first time (although I worked as a courier for them many moons ago) - gone for a mobile home with 3 rooms and, more importantly, 2 bathrooms! In Loire valley and as with most campsites in France, it's basically a water park. Very cheered to get a week for less than £1.5k in peak season, lots of facilities on site (including clubs if wanted) and it's hopefully easy for this year - as long as DH and I can collapse outside for a couple of hours with a bottle of wine in the evening, we'll be fine.

Our other find a couple of years ago when we still had 3 was services apartments - great if you're in cities and generally have bars, restaurants etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now