Talk

Advanced search

3rd baby after bigish gap?

(7 Posts)
Isitmeyourlooking4 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:17:41

Expecting baby number 3 next month.

Already have Dd who is 8 and ds who is 6.

Any tips?! How did you find it? I know Dd will be great, she's so excited! But ds is such hard work sad

Pastaagain78 Thu 02-Jun-16 21:36:17

Have DS who is 8, DS who is 5 and DS 12 weeks.
DS1 is in love, DS2 is a bit trickier, jealous, but has always been hardwork. The joy is seeing how my eldest is utterly in love. It will be fine.

daisydalrymple Thu 02-Jun-16 22:50:07

Dc3 is now 19mo, ds1 was 7 and dd was 5 when he was born (mmc in between, which caused larger age gap). It's fantastic seeing their relationships develop. I think being that bit older they both truly appreciate him that much more, and really love me for all they see I did for them grin

Ds2 wakes 7ish and wants to go straight to see them both. He takes it in turn to sit on their bed and wakes (thumps) them both. Kicks his little legs in the pram excitedly when we walk to get them from school. Drags dad's hand saying lala when he wants sofa and teletubbies, grabs ds's hand and gets his pumps when he wants to play football in the garden.

One thing I've found hard is helping with reading / homework and making sure ds1 and dd have their own time with me, as DH works long hours, so it's been tricky. Mealtimes and cooking also a bit fraught in the early months, and can be again now he's cutting his eye teeth and cranky later in the day.

Congratulations and best wishes- he was easiest and quickest labour, just over an hour.

daisydalrymple Thu 02-Jun-16 22:50:57

Dd hand not dad!

Dorabella Thu 06-Oct-16 04:02:07

I've got three boys 10,8,2, and it's been a piece of cake. The older two are fantastic little helpers. They fetch nappies, wipes, and even heat bottles. Best of all, on the weekends they even let us have a sleep in. They change the little guy's nappy (wees only), feed him breaky (toast or weetbix), and give him his milk. Very smooth. We are very lucky.

Dorabella Thu 06-Oct-16 04:03:08

Good luck with number 3. I'm sure it will be sweet.

Dorabella Thu 06-Oct-16 04:04:21

Saying all that they do all bicker which is annoying, but not the end of the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now