Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have/having 4 Boys Support Thread

(7 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 02-Jun-16 08:27:46

Hi I'm expecting ds4 on the 8th July. I just thought it would be nice to share experiences of all boys. Especially a large family of boys. I currently have ds1 11, ds2 10 and ds3 3.

My family think it's great that we will have all the same sex. The in laws believe girls to be the superior sex so feel sorry for us and are completely uninterested.

I love having all boys so far. It's noisy (but I'm sure 3 children of any sex is noisy). They bicker again I don't think this is due to their sex. The only thing I'm worried about this time is age gap. I found 17 months between the first two quite easy. Although this could have been due to my being younger. I found the 7 years between ds2 & 3 great as I could enjoy ds3 while the older two were at school. This time I'm a little worried about having a noisy, tantruming threenager around the baby confused

jennstr Thu 02-Jun-16 14:34:19

I have 6 boys soon to be 7!! My youngest at the moment is a girl.

My boys are 13,11,9,7,3 sadly ds5 passed away at 13 weeks. Dd is 1 and ds7 is due end of July.

I honestly love having all boys, they are so affectionate and so much fun. I thought I'd find it hard as I would say I was a girly girl but it's lovely. The boys are very close and love each other to bits. We have some arguing but I actually expected more, they've never physically fought. Also when one of the boys have been at a sleepover they miss each other. We have asked they boys if they like being a big family and everyone of them did and not one had anything negative to say.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 02-Jun-16 14:53:58

Jennstr wow 7. Well done to you having soon to be 8 children. I would love to have more and not because I have a desire for a girl, I just love the idea of a huge family. We can't afford anymore after this one though so DH is having the snip.

It's lovely that yours seem so close. My older two say they don't miss each other but when the other goes away on a residential at school they are completely lost. Goodness your girl will be spoilt with all those big brothers to look out for her.

Datingbarb Thu 02-Jun-16 14:56:07

Congratulation on your boys, I'm a single mum to 4 girls (13,11,9 and 20 months) I love having all girls and was over the moon when the scan with my 4th confirmed it was another girl...... It was everyone else (strangers, mums at school) that seemed to feel sorry for me! I used to get the "you trying for a boy" "bet your praying for a boy" or even "poor you"

For me 4 girls is prefect, I love having all girls and not one part of me wishes I had a boy, if I ever had one (very doubtful) I would be very happy and I'm sure o would feel exactly the same if it was the other way around and I had all boys instead

Datingbarb Thu 02-Jun-16 14:56:32

Congratulation on your boys, I'm a single mum to 4 girls (13,11,9 and 20 months) I love having all girls and was over the moon when the scan with my 4th confirmed it was another girl...... It was everyone else (strangers, mums at school) that seemed to feel sorry for me! I used to get the "you trying for a boy" "bet your praying for a boy" or even "poor you"

For me 4 girls is prefect, I love having all girls and not one part of me wishes I had a boy, if I ever had one (very doubtful) I would be very happy and I'm sure o would feel exactly the same if it was the other way around and I had all boys instead

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 02-Jun-16 15:15:19

Dating thank you. I will admit to a fleeting moment of disappointment at the scan. Not about having a boy but about the fact I'll never have a girl. There is something quite special about all one sex though especially in a large family.

I have had a lot of poor you comments too. I think it's quite lovely for ds3 to be having a little buddy close in age although I'm sure he would of been just as happy with a sister. In fact he says my bump has a girl baby in all the time haha.

Datingbarb Thu 02-Jun-16 22:29:55

My older girls were desperate for a brother so I kept the news it was a girl a secret until she was born, of course they were over the moon and my oldest said only the other day I'm glad she was a girl grin

Being the youngest of 4 girls myself it is lovely to have 4 girls myself, I'm close to all my sisters and my girls are to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now