Talk

Advanced search

What car do you drive?

(18 Posts)
Snowflakes1122 Fri 29-Apr-16 11:23:40

Looking for a new car, and finding it hard! All the 7 seaters I gave come across have tiny boots and useless rear seats.
We need one that takes three car seats.
What do you all drive/recommend?

5608Carrie Fri 29-Apr-16 20:35:53

We have an Smax but my kids are older now, 16,14, 11, and 8.

Just a word of warning watch out for visibility due to the front pillars when test driving. We had an old shape Zafira but had to get rid of it due to the number of near misses I had.

Needmorechocolate Tue 03-May-16 16:41:12

We've got a Peugeot 5008, it is similar to an smax. It is nice to drive and I do like it but there is no boot when you put the rear seats up.

It was fine when we had 3 kids but now we have 4 and am wondering whether to go even bigger (thinking Hyundai i800, Mercedes v class or vw caravelle - basically a van with seats!)

Mothersruin75 Fri 06-May-16 12:10:24

Seat Alhambra - boot space can take our double out n about nipper & bugaboo chameleon when all seat are in use. There are 3 ISO fix points, but you could fit 5 car seats in. We have 4 car seats (we've got 4 DCs, 3 under 3 - which is why we need two buggies!) We've driven to France with our nanny so 3 adults, 4 kids with a roof box there was enough storage space for all the luggage, including a travel cot & the buggies. I really enjoy driving it and the sliding rear doors are fantastic with kids.

AlwaysTimeForWine Sat 07-May-16 20:00:02

Volvo XC90
It's got a built in booster in the middle seat and space for 2 car seats or boosters either side. When we first got it I had a 6 yr old in the middle booster, 4.5 yr old in high backed booster and 2 year old in big car seat.
Decent boot seats ample for the kids and I've put skinny grown ups in them as well. Boot not humungous with back seats up but big enough for a buggy and shopping.

Surf25 Sat 07-May-16 23:10:16

Seat Alhambra here too. Totally fab. Loads of space. Proper sized seats. Sliding doors are brilliant for all sorts of reasons: car parks, getting kids in and out etc. Love it.

Andbabymakesthree Fri 13-May-16 21:54:47

Those of you driving a Seat Alhambra what sort of age are they? I think our budget would only allow an 02 age one.

learnermummy Fri 13-May-16 21:57:57

Smax. Three full size seats in back. If you need additional seats the legroom is poor in the back row though.

Mothersruin75 Sat 14-May-16 00:10:50

Ours is 6 years old so the newer model. We thought we couldn't afford a newer model but ours had nearly 100k on the clock when we bought it which brought the price down hugely just within reach of our price range. It's the most basic model and it's great we intend to keep it now until it's on it's last legs.

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Sat 14-May-16 00:19:40

Renault Grand Scenic.

Hated my old one, electrics let me down. Was in a crash, car was written off, had to get another car. A bit of research and guess what? Another Scenic. Love this one though smile

Three child seats across the back was my main criteria.

Would have loved an SMax but budget didn't permit.

MrsWho Sat 14-May-16 07:05:20

Bongo. 8 seats, huge boot, high up but not any longer than a standard estate.

Sezramum Sat 14-May-16 07:48:09

I have a new style Zafira and it is great car but I miss my old Toyota Previa for its size. I thought I was ready for a smaller 7 seater but after just having baby number 4 I am regretting selling it.

Even with the back seats up it had a good size boot and was positively cavernous if you took all of the seats out for trips to Ikea etc!

Apart from the fact I love the nippiness of my Zafira I would happily have my Previa back.

Surf25 Sat 14-May-16 21:20:20

Sorry only just come back to this. Our Alhambra is three years old

Whitelisbon Sat 14-May-16 21:30:02

Ford tourneo transit. 9 seater minibus.
We have 5 dc though, 3 in erf seats and 1 in a hbb. And a massive triple pram.
We had a hyundai trajet which was crap, and a Peugeot something which was even more crap.

PinkRosie321 Mon 16-May-16 18:00:58

We have a land rover discovery sport - was pricey but 100% worth it!! It's spacious and doesn't look like most family cars ( something my husband was desperate for ). I only have 2 car seats but I can't see why you wouldn't be able to fit another in. I would encourage you to consider it, may be a splurge but I haven't looked back since!!smile

AndNowItsSeven Mon 16-May-16 18:03:18

Mercedes vito passenger 8 full size seat and one 3/4 seat in the front as the middle seat. Huge boot, you could fit at least three or four double prams in it.

bellybuttonfairy Mon 16-May-16 21:44:59

vw caravelle. It's beyond lovely

SweepTheHalls Mon 16-May-16 21:55:52

Galaxy. Its brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now