desperately want a baby with new partner

(8 Posts)
NAR4 Tue 26-Apr-16 13:58:48

Quick background; I have 5 children with my ex and my partner has 2 children with his ex. My youngest 3 still live at home and exs children stay 2days and nights each wk, occasionally more.

I would dearly love just 1 child with my ex. He is such a fabulous caring dad and I really feel it will complete us as a family. He thinks the idea is barking mad and we have plenty of children already. Has anyone else been in this situation and managed to persuade the other half. I know it sounds ridiculous but I feel so terribly sad that we will never share the joy of pregnancy and baby/toddler times, together.

Iwonderif Fri 29-Apr-16 18:43:02

Can't offer you any advice sorry but didn't want to read & run. I hope you manage to get on the same page & I wholeheartedly can see why you would want a child with your partner as he/she is your child together. Totally get that. Your family sounds beautifully chaotic with so many children so maybe you could persuade him along the lines of "so what's one more?"

Keep us posted.

Heirhelp Fri 29-Apr-16 20:38:40

Have you already posted this some where else?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Fri 29-Apr-16 20:39:41

You have already posted on another board about this!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 29-Apr-16 20:41:05

7 children are plenty. Especially if your partner isnt on board with having another.

Finallyonboard Fri 29-Apr-16 20:46:34

If you can easily provide financially for and meet the needs of the 7 DC you currently have, then go for it. Good luck flowers

LitteRedSparkle Fri 29-Apr-16 21:06:54

You have 7 children between you - why do you feel the need for more?

Are you able to pay for them without benefits (i mean apart from child benefit) - You DH left you in August 2014(?) based on your previous posts, stating you dont have enough to live on as you only work 9hrs a week, so how will you provide for child number 8?

Secondly - how long have you been with 'new partner'? doesnt look like long enough to decide to have a child - remind yourself of the sleepless nights and remember how much fun they were before deciding to bring yet another life in to the world

thirdly - i dont think its a baby with (new) partner you want, you want a baby (again looking at your older posts)

re the same post again - in relationships

NAR4 Thu 05-May-16 08:21:11

I got a 2nd job to increase my work hrs, to be financially independant (something I didn't have to do while with ex). We won't be on any benefits and new partner is keen for me to mostly spend my time caring for the children and running the home, while he works (something that worked for both of us in our previous relationships).

I also posted somewhere else, but basically got slated for daring to have more than a couple of children.

Thankyou ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now