Talk

Advanced search

Feeling idiotic/embarrassed/scared/insertnegativemotionhere

(16 Posts)
hereigoagain6 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:41:40

Birth control failure has led to an unplanned pregnancy - this would be number six.

I enjoy the dc I have, they are a handful and life is hectic, but dh and I planned on our lives being that way, what with having so many kids and all.

But we were finally on the same page with not wanting another (it's usually me who gets broody). I absolutely felt complete with our family size and was happy with the idea of never having babies again. Happy for other people, also happy to hand the baby back, etc etc.

Haven't told dh yet. Used out of date tests but all 3 were positive. That seems pretty conclusive. Will buy a fresh one in a day or two.

Am very worried about dh's reaction, tbh.

DiggersRest Mon 25-Apr-16 20:45:46

No advice sorry but flowers

I have 2 dc and feel stretched, another dc would send me over! Is a termination a possibility?

hereigoagain6 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:55:25

Thanks for the flowers. smile

No, I couldn't face a termination. I know we'll manage but I'm feeling very daunted by the prospect right now.

I don't even have any symptoms yet, just a hunch based on what I thought was a wonky period but turns out to be probably implantation bleeding.

hereigoagain6 Mon 25-Apr-16 20:56:06

I should have said I took the test on a hunch, not due to symptoms.

Fourormore Mon 25-Apr-16 20:57:47

I felt somewhat similar at the start of this pregnancy - my fourth but six including DSC. It took a few weeks for it to pass and I am still a little anxious. I hope the positive feelings come quickly for you - I just keep telling myself it was "meant" to happen this way smile

hereigoagain6 Mon 25-Apr-16 21:22:06

Thank you, Four. Congratulations on your pregnancy! How far along are you?

Fourormore Mon 25-Apr-16 21:24:22

28 weeks now, scarily close! My DH will have to go back to work straight away after the birth and take paternity leave a few weeks later for various reasons so I am quite worried about being home alone for those first few weeks, but then, if you've got five, what's one more? grin

hereigoagain6 Mon 25-Apr-16 21:26:08

That's what I'm telling myself!

hereigoagain6 Mon 25-Apr-16 21:26:29

Best of luck, BTW.

Fourormore Mon 25-Apr-16 21:27:55

Same to you smile

Needmorechocolate Tue 26-Apr-16 18:59:16

It is early days and your emotions are probably all over the place at the moment. You need a bit of time to get over the shock and then I am sure you will start to feel more positive.

I felt similar with an unplanned pregnancy with what would have been DC4. I was in total shock. That pregnancy sadly ended in miscarriage but it actually made me realise we did want another child. We now have 4DC (I'm feeding and cuddling DC4 to sleep whilst typing this) and I wouldn't change him for the world!

You said that you and DH had planned a big family so I am sure that, whilst it will be hard work, another child will fit in perfectly.

Congratulations!

hereigoagain6 Sat 30-Apr-16 20:31:49

Thank you, chocolate. I still haven't told dh, which is crazy, I know. The conversation is hanging over my head. I need to tell him.

I am feeling a bit calmer about everything. It's not like I don't know what I'm doing...

DontMindTheStep Sun 01-May-16 10:27:14

Is part of your worry, that DH and others will think you planned this, and won't believe it some accident?

You two are obviously very fertile..

I only had to pass my husband on the stairs and I conceived a child.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 01-May-16 10:32:04

Congratulations! You'll love this one as much as all the others, and DH will be fine after the initial shock.

But this time, one of you have the op. It's the only sure way though sometimes even that fails

hereigoagain6 Sun 01-May-16 12:38:15

I'm quite embarrassed that we had an accident - I wouldn't feel the same if it was planned! But oh well. I won't be discussing it with people so it's just a self imposed embarrassment.

I told dh this morning. He took it quite well, actually. Much better than I did. We'll be OK.

Thanks for the good thoughts and advice. I don't feel any symptoms right yet; I've had muld cramping and spotting so I'm not sure if this pregnancy will even stick. Regardless, I'm getting sterilised to prevent another accident!

Needmorechocolate Tue 03-May-16 16:43:33

Glad you are feeling better about things hereigoagain. I hope everything all works out for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now