large age gaps

(8 Posts)
dairymoomoo Mon 25-Apr-16 11:05:15

Hi there, I've inly just found this board and I think it's great, but most people seem to have small age gaps between children, compared to mine anyway! I have a dd19 And Dd6, and ttc no.3. Does anyone else have large gaps between children? How do you find it? I'm 38 and will be going back to work part time. TIA X

danadas Mon 25-Apr-16 22:35:28

I have both! 2 years between DD and DS1 and 8 years between DS1 and DS2. If I am lucky enough to have number 4, I will have at least a 4 year gap. I much prefer the bigger gap to the smaller gap.

PeppasNanna Mon 25-Apr-16 22:40:13

My dc are 26,24,14,11,7 & 2.

With hindsight 3/4 year gaps are good when the dc are young but not so now.

From dc2 -3 was a massive shock. I had totally forgotten what it was all about. Dc 6 was my easiest!

dairymoomoo Tue 26-Apr-16 08:35:00

I agree Dan a bigger gap is nice, that way you get to enjoy the early years with less stress and also the older children can help! My dd1 now babysits for me! Peppa, it was a shock for me too! It was like starting all over again, I'd forgotten almost everything. I suppose it will be the same this time round if I manage to conceive. Took us two years with dd2. Wonder how long this time hmm

WickedGirl Tue 03-May-16 22:41:51

I do

Dd1 is 17, ds1 is 15, ds2 is 12 and dd2 is 2

It's lovely being able to spend lots of one to one time with the youngest as the big three are all at secondary school

reddjango1 Wed 04-May-16 19:44:23

My DC are 22, 17, 14, 13, 9, 8 and 2. The older kids are horrendous role models for the younger ones, they all fight and bicker constantly, gang up on each other and invade each others privacy all the time!! I spend a lot of time playing referee! The house is a mess and the washing is enough for a small country! But, there's always someone to back another one up, someone to hang out with and family movie nights are crazy! We have shenanigans and surreal incidents everyday! I wouldn't have it any other way!

dairymoomoo Thu 05-May-16 12:15:58

Red that sounds fantastic! That's what I'm hoping for!

reddjango1 Tue 10-May-16 20:06:50

dairymoomoo - go for it, I recommend it wholeheartedly!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now