Talk

Advanced search

A 3 year age gap

(4 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician81 Sat 02-Apr-16 09:13:54

Does anyone have a 3 year age gap?
I'm currently pregnant with number 4. Ds3 turns 3 in May & ds4 is due in July. My previous age gaps were 17 months and then 7 years. So I've no experience of 3 years.

I have got a single pram/pushchair. Is this right for a 3 year gap or should I have gone for a double. We will be walking to school each morning. Ds1 is autistic so I will walk him first then ds2 to his school and then ds3 to nursery 3 days a week. If I were doing the walk alone it takes about 20 minutes if that.

Any tips on how to stop any jealousy from ds3? He will be sharing a room with the baby eventually. He is in a bed already so he won't have to give up his cot, he is in a stroller so baby won't be taking his pram. I do plan to breast feed if possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 14 weeks left and it's starting to feel real now.

babyblabber Sat 02-Apr-16 17:12:01

I think 3 is perfect age gap. Mine were 2 years and 7 months which was good but still had to do potty training. I think maybe get a buggy step for the three year old, you don't need a double but step is handy and will speed up the walk.

As for jealousy, all the usuals, present from the baby on first meeting. Try to include them as much as poss, read stories while feeding baby etc. I don't think age has much to do with jealousy, it's all down to the individual child.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Sun 03-Apr-16 16:28:43

Thank you. We have a bugaboo so I was looking at there buggy board with the little seat attached.

Good idea about the books when breast feeding as ds3 loves to look at books with me. I need to get a present from baby for all of them in just thinking a colouring book, book, sweet etc.

Hopelass Sun 03-Apr-16 16:42:26

Watching with interest. DS will be 3 in October two weeks before dc2 is due.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now