Talk

Advanced search

which car???

(9 Posts)
LittleBabyLucas Wed 16-Mar-16 11:20:35

So far I have 3 under 4...
My Renault megane grand scenic is on its last legs. Belts need doing, constantly topping the oil up as the head gasket is on the way out, the parking brake is dodgy and it's done over 115k miles lol

As always money is extremely tight but need a reliable car that's big enough! Oh is happy to sit in the back so isofix can go in the front

But I'm totally stuck as what to get!

BeauticianNotMagician81 Thu 17-Mar-16 11:38:17

We had a Renault scenic when I had ds3. Awful car. There was constantly something wrong with it. Over a year ago we decided to get a ford Galaxy. I am now expecting ds4 so it is needed. We bought one second hand for a good price considering the mileage is so low.

Great car. No problems so far. First MOT we needed two new tyres. Second MOT passed. It's easy to drive. I like being higher up and love the parking sensors. The boys have plenty of room. We keep the 7th seat in the garage to give us an even bigger boot as we've no need for 7 seats. The VW Sharan, Ford Galaxy and Seat Alhambra are all the same design. Good luck

LostInMess Thu 17-Mar-16 21:57:33

4DC and another Ford Galaxy. I love it, even with all seats up, we can get our Nipper 360 in the boot. Doesn't feel any different to a
car to drive either.

I think the latest versions of the Galaxy, Alhambra and Sharan are a little different - think there was a previous collaboration which has now ended. I mention it purely because our galaxy only has isofix on the two window seats in the main 'back' I.e middle row - the Alhambra has it on all 3.

Would massively recommend the Galaxy though.

Kiwiinkits Fri 08-Apr-16 17:47:42

Toyota sienta, if you can get them in the uk. Brilliant compact versatile family car. Sliding doors great for getting kids in and out. Love my Sienta.

Threeunderthree33 Fri 08-Apr-16 21:53:09

Fords smax old model is good. Seven seats. 3 isofix in the middle row and they are three separate seats that can move back and forwards independently. We can fit mountain buggy double in boot with all seven seats up.

StarlingBirdsong Sun 17-Apr-16 08:14:46

I have 4 under 6. we have a Toyota Previa and I love it! 7 seats all of which can be individually removed/moved. the two side seats of the middle row have isofix I believe.
Nipper 360 fits easily in the boot as did the larger graco Quattro tour double.
sliding doors which I wouldn't be without.
I have one middle side seat removed which allows me to get in the car and stand up/move around to get everyone strapped in as the two rear seat DC are still in 5 point harnesses - brilliant if its raining too!. plus a useful space for school bags etc.
drives like a small car though, very manoeverable.
only downside is they are no longer in production so the 'newest' you could get would be 2005. I believe the kia Sedona is quite similar if you want a cheaper and newer car with the same perks.

snowcloud Thu 16-Jun-16 11:28:05

I hope someone can help or advise. I have a Ford S max and two isofix car seats for children. I'm wondering what to do or what you advise about the underfloor storage in the rear seat foot well area with regards to the isofix support leg resting on the foot well cover it seems a common problem for people with families and more so as the car seat legislation changes in December. The Ford parts site states there are foam fillers but they are not solid at all. Are you able to help with this?

AliBingo Thu 16-Jun-16 17:36:11

We use vw foam fillers in ours, they are like big lumps of polystyrene and are meant to solve the isofix leg/storage compartment issue.

AliBingo Thu 16-Jun-16 17:36:40

Er in our vw sharan I mean, so assume the ford l es would do the job for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now