Talk

Advanced search

Holidays

(6 Posts)
LostInMess Sun 07-Feb-16 23:23:11

Hello

Not sure whether to put this in travel or here but thought as well to start here....

Had DC4 last year so currently thinking about a summer holiday. Due to very nocturnal children, we have realised that we are going to be shattered by the summer and in need of as an easy a break as we can manage. We would normally either drive or fly & hire a car and then self cater but I think that might entail too much work this year, plus we may struggle to take 2 weeks due to other events in the summer which would rule out lots of Villa hire (and have realised that the size of car we require would be ruinously expensive).

So can anyone suggest somewhere for a family of 6 (3 DC age 4-8 plus 11-month-old baby) which we can ideally fly to, manage without a car, has a pool and lots of 'pottering about' potential. I'd thought about Italian lakes so we could just mooch about on boats but not sure where/suitable
accommodation. Also like the idea of Corsica but suspect we may need a car.
Or France, but generally open to suggestions! Will be going in August, 10 days-2weeks.

TIA smile

Quoteunquote Mon 08-Feb-16 15:10:33

You would need a car to do Corsica, (please go another time so wonderful).

Port de Sóller, Majorca safe sandy beach.

Hôtel la Resèrve St Jean-de-Luz, self catering or hotel family friendly

Ugento, Puglia, Italy

Gerakina, Halkidiki, Greece

www.babyfriendlyboltholes.co.uk

Costacoffeeplease Mon 08-Feb-16 15:29:15

Carvoeiro in the Algarve? I live here, happy to answer any questions

LostInMess Mon 08-Feb-16 16:29:25

Thanks for your replies - food for thought though. And for the offer of help Costa. What I rather omitted from my post (clearly too late at night!) is that I'm after specific suggestions for places we could stay and all fit in - happy to consider hotels with interconnecting rooms or apart'hotels/apartments but it's the accommodation that I really need to pin down.

Thanks again! smile

Costacoffeeplease Mon 08-Feb-16 17:17:52

There are lots of self catering apartments and villas here if Carvoeiro appeals as a resort

Pollyputhtekettleon Wed 17-Feb-16 08:56:29

I know it's mostly Villas but we've just booked Moriara, villa with pool, in Spain (3 under 4 when we go) for the exact reason that we can walk everywhere and for example the small, shallow, warm beach has a playground, restaurants and bars attached from what I understand so can cater for everything we need without moving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now