Talk

Advanced search

How do you survive xmas with 3 ds?

(10 Posts)
workingonitagain Sun 03-Jan-16 18:11:56

Looking forward to hearing tips/advice on how to survive (next ) xmas when it's pouring/too cold out there and exhausted soft play/ shopping centres/ extra presents for 3 boys smile counting down the minutes until school smile

shutupandshop Sun 03-Jan-16 22:17:32

Have you got a partner? Dh takes most of christmas off. We have a few big days out and the rest slobbing. Thats what I love about christmas. Mind I have 3 dd and 1 ds.

I start in September with the cmas shopping. Most done online.

Babieseverywhere Sun 03-Jan-16 22:20:29

I love the holidays
..no school runs !

We mainly chill around the house, soft play and parks when the weather is up to it.

School starts again tomorrow and I am already counting down until half term !

Babieseverywhere Sun 03-Jan-16 22:21:33

Forgot to add I have four child too, three girls and a boy.

shutupandshop Sun 03-Jan-16 22:31:22

Me too babies bloody not looking forward to school runs.

Tsotofamily Sun 03-Jan-16 22:55:44

I third that, I love the school holidays and again like you am counting down till half term.
Wrap them up, put wellies on and puddle jump. Mine love it. Muddy walks through the woods. Baking sessions, movie afternoons with popcorn and sweets. Board games/puzzles you could all do together. Arts and crafts - could go leaf collecting then do leaf rubbings. Collect pine cones let kids paint them/ glue and glitter for xmas

workingonitagain Tue 05-Jan-16 16:07:27

All sounds great but when it's pouring down out there and cold too for days what do you do with 3 boys?

workingonitagain Tue 05-Jan-16 16:14:19

I suspect those with boys only will tell me they will not just "chill" in the house for days smile although i would love to know if that existed smile

PatSharpIsMyBoyfriend Tue 05-Jan-16 22:10:54

I'm a single parent of 2 boys and a girl, what seems to help is tiring them out by spending the day outside - somewhere, somehow. Visiting friends and family, and resorting to giving them their own tablets/phones each to stop the arguing. Not ideal, but sometimes the only way to earn myself some much needed peace!

imip Mon 11-Jan-16 21:56:56

Museums, visit a park for hour then get hot choc in cafe, meet up with friends (DCs easier to manage en masse), cinema kids club £1.75 per person. Tbh, during bad weather, the entertainment budget expands sad.

We visited south bank this year. It means having a few extra pounds for drinks in a cafe when out and about and the weather is iffy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now