Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else with a biggish age gap between youngest DC?

(6 Posts)
TillITookAnArrowToTheKnee Mon 28-Sep-15 19:15:03

DDs are 7 & 5. I'm due again in February. Feeling a bit hormonal and daft, I'm sat listening to them faff about at bedtime rather than getting in bed and wondering if new baby will be missing out on anything by being the youngest?

I'm the eldest of 5 girls with age gaps of 2.5 years (avoid her like the plague) 5 years (very close as adults but not as children) and 10 years (twin sisters, totally alien like teenagers, no relationship as such but they are hilarious on the odd occasion I do see them and DDs adore them) so I know that close age doesn't guarantee close relationship.

Someone kick me up the arse, I cannot possibly have a 4th.

5madthings Mon 28-Sep-15 19:21:11

I have five thete are 2.5 yrs Ish between each, my youngest will be five in Dec, baby six is due April. I am a but worried baby will be left out, my others get in great, they have their moments obviously but on are there for each other.

But we told the kids about the baby yesterday as I am 13 wks and they are really excited smile i won't be having no 7!

busyboysmum Mon 28-Sep-15 19:38:44

I have 3 boys 13, 10 & 3. They all get on great. At the moment the 13 year old and the 3 year old are having a bath together and singing. The little one keeps the big ones silly. He also defects potential boil ups between the two older ones.

TheJunctionBaby Tue 03-Nov-15 14:50:39

I have 4 kids and there is a 6 year gap between 2 & 3, then an almost 5 year gap between 3 & 4. I did worry how the baby would fit in after each large gap but the older ones were - and are - great with the new additions, and can not only do a lot for themselves making the load lighter, but enjoy helping out with the baby too so bonus :-)

gamerchick Tue 03-Nov-15 14:58:37

Mine are 20s, mid teens and primary school It's been fine apart from it's like my youngest is an only and he really would have benefited in having a sibling close to his own age I think. Depends on the kid.

I think 5 years is fine for a gap.

BeauticianNotMagician81 Tue 03-Nov-15 14:59:11

I have 3 boys. Ds1 is 11 in December, ds2 9 and Ds 3 2 and a half. So my first two were 17 months apart and then a 7 year age between ds2 and 3.
I have loved having a baby whilst the other two are at school it feels like having a first again and they all get on really well. My older boys love playing and running around with their younger brother.

However, I too was worried about the baby feeling left out. No need to worry for me anymore as I've just recently found out I'm pregnant with #4. So i will have a three year gap this time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now