Bfp #5.... eeeeek!

(5 Posts)
GizzyBoo Fri 18-Sep-15 09:30:43

So yesterday I got a very unexpected bfp. This will be #5. I only did it to rule it out as I only stopped my pill just under 5 weeks ago (due to issues) and hadn't had my withdrawal bleed/first period.
Now the initial shock has worn off I'm delighted.
I am, however, not expecting it to go down well with certain family members and I'm sure I'll get my fair share of comments from well meaning friends (and friends)

I guess I just want a bit of positivity in my happy bubble for a while before the negativity hits.

MazyCrummy Fri 18-Sep-15 09:37:24

Congratulations!

I'm 25w with #5 and I'm really excited! I've had all the usual comments - apparently work are arranging a whip round to buy me and DH a TV grin - but anything more negative than that has been few and far between or I'm just refusing to hear them and pottering along in my own little world

If you can manage 4, 5 will be little difference, surely?

What ages are yours? Mine are 12/10/8/5

GizzyBoo Fri 18-Sep-15 09:42:53

Mine are older and 2 are actually living away from home. #1 with his g/f and #2 is away at college.
They are 18/16/12 and almost 3
It's generally just me and the toddler home anyway and #3 is no bother.
I think I'm due the week of my 40th birthday grin
Dh was waiting for his vasectomy referral. He's taken it quite well grin

MazyCrummy Fri 18-Sep-15 10:03:18

I'm due 6w before DH 40th and I absolutely do not revel in reminding him that I am a whippersnapper with a whole 18m longer left of my 30s

The biggest challenge in anticipating is going back to having non-school-age children in the house, but that's not an issue for you. I reckon it'll be nice for the 3yo to have a playmate grin

GizzyBoo Fri 18-Sep-15 10:27:31

We've LOVED having a wee person in the house again. Its such fun! Seeing the older ones forming a bond with the little one is just priceless.
Any, Yes. I'm pleased That #4 will have a sibling closer in age. He'll start pre-school in January for 5 mornings a week so plenty of time for him to get used to that before #5 comes along grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now