Talk

Advanced search

1st birthday gift ideas- for a 3rd girl

(13 Posts)
Autumn2014 Thu 06-Aug-15 12:41:14

I know 3 children probably isn't a big family by this boards standards, but I'm struggling to come up with an idea for my sister's 3rd daughter when she turns one. I think it's because I've used up all my good ideas previously! I've been told no clothes (they have bags of lovely dresses in storage), no need for toys or books (everything was kept). When the baby was born I did practical gifts (buggy hook and large muslin), for her christening I got a personalised name thing, for Christmas I gave joint present with her sisters of happyland toys and sets of magnetic vehicles as they were baby proof (cant swallow tiny pieces) and she could grow into playing with them over the year. Oh, and I only have a small budget. £15 max 20. and I'd rather not send cash or vouchers as my budget is so small I'm worried it would look mean sad

Runnaway Thu 06-Aug-15 12:46:03

I know you have been told no toys, but what about a special rag doll which is just for her?

tortoisesarefab Thu 06-Aug-15 12:51:38

I was also going to suggest a ragdoll. These are lovely and personalised www.thealphabetgiftshop.co.uk/?searchStr=Rag+doll

Autumn2014 Thu 06-Aug-15 12:55:50

good idea but my mum (her granny) is making her a rag doll for the same reason! I've seen it, it looks lovely. she is currently making the clothes for it too.
thanks for replying

Runnaway Thu 06-Aug-15 13:00:28

A money box? Pretty clock or picture for her bedroom? Pretty cushion for her bed?

Runnaway Thu 06-Aug-15 13:02:52

A locket/name necklace for when she is older?

tortoisesarefab Thu 06-Aug-15 13:22:07

Little backpack with reigns? www.skiphop.com/product/zoosafetyharness.html like this or the little life ones?

Autumn2014 Thu 06-Aug-15 14:21:14

thanks for the inspiration, I think I'll stay away from the picture for the bedroom as it's too similar to the framed name thing I got her for the christening. her name is quite unusual so the jewellery idea might be well received even if I got the personalised picture previously. I like the bag idea too. she is going to nursery when my sister goes back to work so a bag for her stuff at drop off might be useful. might do some digging to see if they are already sorted for that.

imip Thu 06-Aug-15 21:06:12

Book? Really nice lunchbox, like skip hop? I have 4 dds so I do get this. Dd4 got the converter for a mini micro scooter that meant she could have a seat and join her sisters on a scooter. Actually any sort of special bag, rucksack etc???

imip Thu 06-Aug-15 21:07:39

Bloody hell, cross post above :-) the skip hop bags have been a hit with my DCs, esp when pre-school age. Things may get handed down, but they are very happy when they get something of their own!

BurnstonesBabies Thu 06-Aug-15 23:18:36

I have 3 girls and when baby turned one earlier this year we got lovely stuff, including: a Clark's voucher for shoes/a bubble machine/ new duvet set/trunki case.

FoodieMum3 Sat 08-Aug-15 11:58:55

A name plaque for her bedroom door?

Fresh01 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:40:35

We have this. How about her own melamine plates, cup, bowl and cutlery set. You can get all sorts of designs.

Or a bath toys as they always need replacing.

Or one of the hooded towels. You can get animal designs or various ones. My littlest DD loved her Peppa Pig hooded towel we got in Next when she was about 18 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now