Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant with #3 and 'D'H has walked out... Single parent tips required please!

(4 Posts)
admittingdefeat Wed 05-Aug-15 18:05:35

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with DC3. I also have my DNeph 50% of the time so DSis can go to Uni/catch a break (DNeph is disabled and his Dad has never been around) and DH and I have split up. I have a small thread on Relationships about it.

DDs will be 7.5 and 5 when baby is born. They're from a PR and see their Dad EOW Fri-Sun.

I'm planning to try breastfeed, cloth nappy and use a sling most of the time for school runs/errands/chores etc. I'm hiring a cleaner for 2 hours a week, which I can't really afford but my mental health is taking a battering at the moment, so anything to lighten the load. DSis is taking over morning school runs from January.

Any other tips/ideas/suggestions?

admittingdefeat Wed 05-Aug-15 18:06:25

DNeph will be 6 when baby arrives, forgot to add that.

notascooby007 Thu 06-Aug-15 11:47:37

Be as organised as you can get as much as you can the night before

Grannyapple Fri 07-Aug-15 22:14:10

I have 3...aged 4.5 yrs, 2yrs & almost 10 months. Defo be as organised if you can. Load washing machine night before so you can just add powder/liquid in the morning, load dishwasher & turn on straight after break fast/do dishes straight away. Lay kids clothes out previous night & ensure bags packed so can just grab & go. When DC3 arrives..the other two should be able to entertain each other, & your nephew when he's around too. I'm at the stage where getting out every day is the key...tires them & you out & they hopefully sleep right through. Cleaner is a fab idea...I only cottoned on to this toward the end of my 3rd pregnancy...has been life changing. Batch cook/double up portions when cooking so you can eat half/freeze half. We have a rule that older two must be dressed to go downstairs before breakfast...makes life easier than trying to get all 3 dressed at same time & baby is screaming the place down. Oh I shower at night before bed, so I can just get up & get on with things in the morning. Good luck with everything with no 3. Is hard but worth it xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now