Talk

Advanced search

How hard is it going back to the start with a 7 year age gap?

(5 Posts)
Lauracarr55 Thu 07-May-15 16:05:07

Hi we have 2 children a boy and a girl ages 9 and 7 . We said no more children but the last 2 years I've been up and down about a third. Somedays I think defiantly yes, I would love a little baby again other days I think no I can't go back to the beginning it will be such hard work getting up in the night again and being shattered all the time having 3 children to look after. Myself and oh have discussed it many times and there's always far more negatives than positives, sleepless nights, tantrums, one of our children would have to share there room, money!! The list goes on.
Our lives are quiet and calm now and I know a third would mean a crazy house.
Despite all the negatives I can't shake the idea of a third.
Has anyone had a similar experience? How hard was it going back to the start?
So worrid about making the wrong decision confused xx

Junebridemummy Thu 07-May-15 22:07:16

we had ds2 when ds1 was 7 and dd1 was 9. It was much tougher than I expected to start with and in some ways the older 2 missed out on things like cinema and more 'grown up' days out and activities , but it really brought us all much closer as a family and I am so glad we had him , not least because I have now have 2 teenagers and it's so lovely to have a 'little' one (he's 6) who still wants to be with mummy ! I say go for it ...

AGrinWithoutACat Fri 08-May-15 07:49:46

Our unplanned surprise DD2 is now 3 months old (DD1 is 10.5 and DS is 9)

I have slipped back into the baby pattern very easily but with extra help as the older 2 will hold her so I can get dinner on etc so it is far easier from that respect. I am wistful about the plans that I had to change as had planned a proper holiday for this year as we had saved up but as now on Mat Leave having to use the money for that instead

Wouldn't be without her though, baby smiles and gurgles are worth more than a holiday grin

FretYeNotAllIsShiny Fri 08-May-15 08:00:43

I found number three - born when my older two were 8 and 6, the easiest of the lot. We were already in a routine for school, bedtimes and such, so she just slotted in. And there was always an older sibling to entertain her for half an our whilst I made meals.

Number four however, two years later...

Foxeym Sun 10-May-15 14:15:55

I had DC3 when the other 2DCs were 16&13, it was like having a firstborn as I had forgotten what it was like to have a baby around. He's 19 months now and although hard work I love it, he's brough a whole new dimension to our family, go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now