Talk

Advanced search

3 seats in a Zafira - 3 under 4 ish

(14 Posts)
Timetothinkagain Sun 15-Feb-15 16:11:56

Hi mumsnet
First ever post - be kind!
We're currently debating no3, have two dc, one is just 3 and other is 18 mths. If we decide to try and conceive quickly like the last 2 times, then we'll have 3 under 4ish or at least under 5 hopefully! Would they all be able to fit into our zafira back seats? It's an 09 model and currently holds 2 maxi cosi tobi seats. I'm not sure what the current 3 year old would have moved into by then. Or she might still be in the tobi.
Basically I'm wondering if we'd need to factor in changing car financially. And really hoping not. Any advice/experience much appreciated. Thanks.

Glittertwins Sun 15-Feb-15 16:17:58

I would take the car to Mothercare or somewhere similar and try out a third child seat. I think the Zafira is quite a narrow car and it wouldn't work. My mum is quite small but struggles to sit comfortably between 2 Recaro high back boosters for example. If we use the basic Halfords boosters then there is no problem but they are not as safe.

BishopBrennansArse Sun 15-Feb-15 16:22:35

My Zafira couldn't but it was the model previous.
The only cars I know that take 3 seats on the back seat with ease in my experience is the citroen, any with the 3 individual seats in the back, or a larger people carrier like a sharan/Galaxy.

BinarySolo Sun 15-Feb-15 16:26:18

Has you zafira got three three-point seatbelts across the back row? Mine is older so hasn't and I'm due my third in April. Our solution is to have my eldest in the front seat and two youngest in the back.

The very back seats are useless for the kids since there isn't enough space for a bulky car seat and the Middle row moves as a bench meaning all seats need removing to access them unless you crawl through the boot!

If your eldest is about four you could switch to a booster for them as long as it's a 3 point seatbelt. Then fitting them all in should be easy.

BinarySolo Sun 15-Feb-15 16:27:22

Ford s-max is supposed to be very good for this too.

Frusso Sun 15-Feb-15 16:28:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Timetothinkagain Sun 15-Feb-15 16:45:16

It's definitely got 3 full seat belts in the back. I've done a bit of googling and the very back seats aren't as safe as the first row so it wouldn't be a permanent solution to put a kid back there. What would the elest move to after the tobi? That's one confusing point! Would it be a booster? We don't have a mothercars anywhere near - nearest is 2 hours away at least. I'm wondering if we kept Middle child in tobi, eldest in a new/narrower seat then baby in a baby seat it might all fit...

Timetothinkagain Sun 15-Feb-15 16:51:50

I'm thinking as well, even if they all actually fit it'd be a nightmare trying th get one in the middle!

rachyconks Sun 15-Feb-15 17:02:53

I have a ford cmax, recent model and can fit a maxi cosi pebble and two maxi cosi axiss across the back no problem. Axiss and pebble are the widest maxi cosi seats. Agree with pp's saying three proper seats in the back is the only way its possible

rachyconks Sun 15-Feb-15 17:03:26

The middle one goes in through the front in our car!

emark Sun 15-Feb-15 17:04:41

we have an 08 zafira, with 5 children, can fit a mc pebble + iso base behind passenger seat, britax toddler seat behind driver and a high back booster in the middle of the bench seat. and two booster seats in the boot seats. hth.

Timetothinkagain Wed 18-Feb-15 12:23:06

Thanks for the replies, food for thought. Not that it'll change our decision on 3 kids but nice to have details to consider with cars Etv

Timetothinkagain Wed 18-Feb-15 13:32:01

Do any of you know any models of cars that have 7 permanent/safe seats and a decent boot? I'm googling it but struggling to find the right terms I think. Wondering if we should count in having to trade up after all.

emark Wed 18-Feb-15 13:40:45

also looking for 7 full seats and decent boot space vw caddy maxi life, seat Alhambra, Chrysler voyager, ssangyong turismo then the mini bus base vehicles that seem huge

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: