Talk

Advanced search

Volvo XC90 or Honda FRV

(9 Posts)
Maplessglobe Thu 01-Jan-15 16:48:36

Hello!
We're expecting DC3 in the summer and need to get a new car to be able to fit 3 car seats in. Won't be brand new so the 2015 xc90 is out but thinking of getting an older one with say 20-30,000 mileage.
I know it's huge and I probably won't be able to park it and it will cost to run but it seems to fit best in terms of comfort, seats, boot space etc. Anyone regretted buying?
Also, someone I know said they were spending £3000 a year in servicing alone (something to do with the air suspension?) which seems a lot. Is it really that pricey to run?
Any other thoughts?
The other car recommended to us is the honda frv and while I like the size I'm worried about finding a reasonable one, it being discontinued. And parts etc if something goes wrong.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. And if you can suggest something else, please do!

PoppyAmex Thu 01-Jan-15 22:19:49

My XC90 has 120,000 miles and I spent about 300 pounds on it this year.

It's a fab car and I shan't buy any other model while the DC are young. Love it.

eurochick Thu 01-Jan-15 22:22:09

I went to the slightly smaller xc60 from a two seater sports car and find it surprisingly easy to park. It is not in any way inspiring but it is a good solid car and I would expect the same to apply to the 90.

Maplessglobe Fri 02-Jan-15 10:59:13

That's great to know. Is the long-term reliability good? How do you get on with the parking sensors? A friend has a BMW X5 and says she can't park in multistoreys...

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Fri 02-Jan-15 11:03:17

Xc90 is good but perhaps look at the newer mitsubushi outlander? That has 7 seats too and is a nice drive. You can always get front parking sensors as both i belive come with back ones.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Fri 02-Jan-15 11:04:11

P.s perhaps your friend is just v bad at parking!

Toughasoldboots Fri 02-Jan-15 11:07:04

We have an xc90 too, done 125000 miles, I love it. It is no more difficult to park than our little second car.

Toughasoldboots Fri 02-Jan-15 11:08:11

There is no way that servicing cost is normal either. This is the third one that we have owned.

Maplessglobe Fri 02-Jan-15 14:40:12

That's great, thanks.
That may be true, pancakes, however, I am no expert either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now