Talk

Advanced search

Car for 3 car seats - advice needed!

(14 Posts)
AnnaMcC Tue 11-Nov-14 21:12:25

Hi
We are expecting twins in the spring - eek! - and already have a daughter who will be 3yr4mo when they arrive.

We definitely can't fit 3 car seats in our current back seat - does anyone have any advice about cars that can fit 3 child seats - don't think eldest will be ready for a booster seat by the time the babies come.

Any advice much appreciated!
Thanks all

LemonBreeland Tue 11-Nov-14 21:20:31

Generally you are best with a car with separate seats in the back, rather than a bench seat, such as a picasso or scenic. They give more ability to put car seats in.

Grannyapple Thu 13-Nov-14 07:50:18

We've just had out 3rd child..ages are 3yrs 8 months, 15 months & now 3 wks... We now have a ford a max...mothercare fitted all our car seats & said it was the best fit/configuration they'd seen. Is nice to drive too..parking sensors help but doesn't actually feel like you're driving a bigger car as such.

Grannyapple Thu 13-Nov-14 07:50:44

Ford S max that should say!

SweepTheHalls Thu 13-Nov-14 07:54:01

C4grand picasso is brilliant. Plenty of space in the second row. 2 more seats in the third row on case of play dates, and even with a double buggy in the boot, room for all the other junk you will need!

Cardilover Thu 13-Nov-14 08:06:40

Scenic might be worth a look? We've got one and it fits 3 car seats no bother and has plenty of room in the boot.

AnnaMcC Sun 16-Nov-14 21:26:12

Thanks so much all of you - really helpful! x

GreatJoanUmber Wed 19-Nov-14 14:33:13

You need a large people carrier, like the ones that were mentioned - ford s max or Galaxy, Citroen c4 grand Picasso, Renault grand scenic; also seat Alhambra and vw sharan.
Don't go for a smaller MPV which hasn't got three separate seats (e.g. Vw Touran, ford c max).
Also, some (not all) have three lots of Isofix hooks, in case you want isofix seats.
Make sure to check out the boot, as you'll need to store a twin buggy as well as everything else.
Finally, depending on what size your current car is and how good a driver you are wink, it's worth investing in parking sensors front/rear and camera(s). I am terrible at judging spaces or the size of my car, and the rear camera has saved me quite a lot of times!

NotMrsTumble Wed 19-Nov-14 14:37:04

Actually, the touran does have 3 separate seats, but you'd struggle to get 3 car seats across on a regular basis. Suggest the sharan or the seat alhambra which is basically the same car with a less posh badge

ilovemonstersinc Wed 19-Nov-14 14:42:53

I can fit 3 seats in my civic type s.

HappyAsASandboy Wed 19-Nov-14 15:05:17

The Touran easily fits three seats across the back smile

I have a BeSafe IZI Combi, a Britax TWE and an infant carrier on a base across the back of mine and they fit fine.

I can also fit my large side-by-side double buggy in the boot (when seats 6 and 7 are folded) with room for shopping too smile

The only regret I have of buying a Touran instead of a Sharan/Alhambra is that the larger cars have sliding doors while the Touran has normal doors.

NotMrsTumble Wed 19-Nov-14 20:11:59

I have a touran and sliding door envy too...

AuditAngel Sun 04-Jan-15 07:26:05

I have a Grand Picasso, previously had a Scenic, both fit 3 car seats easily.

AuditAngel Sun 04-Jan-15 07:27:35

Oops, meant to say my 61 reg grand Picasso has 3 sets of Isofix in middle row, plus in front passenger seat (can turn airbag off with car key in glove box)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now