Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a Multimac?

(9 Posts)
MyCrazyLife Sun 21-Sep-14 20:25:48

Do you rate it?

We have three DC (6, 3 and 22 months) and are hoping for a fourth. I've been on the Multimac website however and only the 1200 (no baby seats) would fit in my car, so not sure how that would work out?!

Any ideas??

Sleepwhenidie Sun 21-Sep-14 20:30:21

Had one for four and a half years, it's been a fantastic solution for us. Not sure how you'd manage the situation with only room for the one without minimac though - have you put your car model into the website thingy?

MyCrazyLife Sun 21-Sep-14 20:59:24

Thanks, Sleep. Yeh I did and that's the only one that fits sad

I don't think there'd be any point getting it until DC4 was old enough to fit in the rear facing seats... So potentially a year of not being able to go out as a family?

Sleepwhenidie Sun 21-Sep-14 21:41:43

That would be the situation I guess...have you looked at what cars the 1260 fits into, are there any that it would make financial sense to buy to use with a multi mac as an alternative to a 7 seater?

MyCrazyLife Sun 21-Sep-14 22:04:53

I haven't done that, BUT we can't change the car for a long time. It's on finance, under my dad's name. A dad who won't respond to my messages asking what is happening with the car. So yes, very complicated but we'd have to make do really!

TeenyTwins Wed 01-Oct-14 10:04:14

We have one for our baby twins and 2 older kids. It's been the only real solution for us, but I don't really love it.

The forward facing seats are v upright and don't have much side protection - I'm happy with my older kids in them but wouldn't put a 1-yr old in one. The mini-mac seats I think are ERF, so am planning to keep the babies in them for a while, maybe until 2.

So that might mean 2 years without a family car? Sorry, no solutions to offer.

If your car only fits the smallest multimac, how do you manage at the moment, assuming the 6yr old is still on, at least, a booster?

MyCrazyLife Thu 02-Oct-14 13:22:07

If we all go out together the 6 year old sits in the middle of the back

Thanks for the advice x

Kittyzcool Tue 11-Apr-17 09:44:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

FourToTheFloor Wed 12-Apr-17 16:01:21

Did you really need to bump 4 zombie threads ffs hmm

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: