Talk

Advanced search

All boy families and all girl families that eventually had one of the opposite gender?

(37 Posts)
DeadlyLittleMiho Mon 07-Jul-14 19:32:12

Hi everyone! I apologise if this is something that's already been talked about here and it's an old topic but I was just wondering if any of you had all one gender and then went on to have the opposite. I have 5 boys age 8 and under and recently found out we are expecting again. This is my 8th pregnancy tho as I've had 2 early miscarriages in the last 12 months. I'm kind of thinking it would statistically make more sense for this baby to be a girl because all gender streaks have to come to an end eventually don't they?

Borttagen Mon 07-Jul-14 19:35:45

My granny had 5 girls in a row followed by 4 boys if that's any help to you!

SoonToBeSix Mon 07-Jul-14 19:35:59

I had three girls then a boy then two girls( identical twins).

SoonToBeSix Mon 07-Jul-14 19:36:47

My best friend has six girls no boys.

SoonToBeSix Mon 07-Jul-14 19:37:55

Sorry for your losses Deadly, just read your op properly.

DeadlyLittleMiho Mon 07-Jul-14 19:56:44

Thanks SoonToBeSix not many people in real life actually understand it's painful to lose a baby when you've already got 5.

Bortagen, I hope I'm like your granny but the other way round smile

mammaof4girls Tue 08-Jul-14 09:25:54

after reading your post I have realised I don't actually know anyone thats happened too! I had daughter number 5 2 weeks ago. a friend of mine also has 5 girls her latest where identical twin girls. 2 other ladies I know have 6 boys, one is still pregnant but gender scan says boy. but as you say im sure at some point it does break the cycle! good luck smile

PumpkinPie2013 Tue 08-Jul-14 21:02:13

Sorry for your losses sad I hope this pregnancy is happy and healthy for you.

A friend of mine had 3 boys and thought she was done having children.

12 years after her ds3 was born she fell pregnant unexpectedly and had a girl! So you never know!

DeadlyLittleMiho Sun 13-Jul-14 12:52:39

I always feel like if I leave a long gap I'd have a girl but I just can't do long gaps lol!

HappyHippyChick Sun 13-Jul-14 13:00:21

I have four boys (aged 11, 10, 3 and 2) and three weeks ago gave birth to a beautiful girl! My nan had the opposite 4 girls then a boy.

I am sorry for your losses sad

hallamoo Sun 13-Jul-14 13:08:00

3 girls then a boy here, my mum had 4 girls, my maternal grandmother had 3 girls then a boy (like me), and my paternal grandmother also had 3 girls then a boy (my dad), (like me), she then went on to have 2 more girls, so more of a 'boy sandwich'.

I have a friend who had 3 boys then a girl....then another boy! And another friend who had 4 boys.

So all pretty random, isn't it more to do with when in your cycle you conceive? My DS was a huge surprise so not sure when in the month it occurred. Having said that DD1 was also a huge surprise! (DD's 2 & 3 were planned though!)

ImBrian Wed 23-Jul-14 08:08:26

I have 4 girls aged 2-13 and I'm pregnant with number 5. Three scans have said boy so my girl streak has ended.

sweetkitty Sun 10-Aug-14 23:49:39

Three girls then a boy here

treaclesoda Sun 10-Aug-14 23:55:58

I know an adult woman who has got 11 older brothers! Irish catholic family in an era when that family size wasn't really anything particularly shocking, just for explanation purposes. Because if I was reading that post, I'm sure I'd be thinking to myself 'yeah, of course you do' hmm. But it's true, honest! grin

Lezprechaun Mon 11-Aug-14 00:48:26

My maternal grandmother had 11 girls in a row and then gave up, she had a couple of late miscarriages that were all boys so it was said she couldn't carry a boy back before these things were actually looked into. Strangely the rest of the family is dominated by girls as well, even 3 generations on, although my cousin has 6 boys.

imip Mon 11-Aug-14 08:04:12

Five dds in a row here, not sure if I'd want to prove the title - not sure how many more babies I'd need to have before getting the opposite gender. I'd love to know the answer for me though!

MinionDave Mon 11-Aug-14 11:11:14

DH's auntie had 4 girls then identical twin boys!

diege Wed 15-Oct-14 14:20:14

3 girls then 3 boys here - sometimes get an 'ooh aren't you clever' from ransom strangers... <shrugs>
I had my 3 boys between age 39 and 43 and dds between 31 and 36 - not sure that affects things - my hunch is it's just toss of a coin chance!

coldwater1 Mon 29-Dec-14 17:15:36

7 girls in a row and then two boys.

mathanxiety Sun 04-Jan-15 07:02:05

I have a family of cousins with five girls and then a boy.

motherhen209 Sun 04-Jan-15 21:28:24

Four DSs in a row here then had a beautiful DD 18 months ago!!
Pretty sure its just pot luck!

missnevermind Mon 05-Jan-15 00:48:32

Treaclesoda. My Mum is one of 11, eldest and youngest are boys. Rest all girls.

CSLewis Wed 14-Jan-15 17:53:21

My friend had five boys, and number six was a girl grin

TooManyMochas Sat 14-Feb-15 16:23:00

Sorry to be depressing, but isn't it the case that some women just aren't able to carry boys to term?

My best friend at school back in the 1980s came from a family of ten - nine girls and one boy. The boy was number six.

Threeplus1 Sat 04-Apr-15 11:50:17

I'm the other way around... 1 DS then two Dd's and I'm expecting another girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now